Dare To Be Stupid

Moderator: Moderators

Leonard Cohen
Occasional

Post by Leonard Cohen »

Why was Dare To Be Stupid on The Transformers Soundtrack? How did that happen? What was the purpose behind it? I know the soundtrack was originally released by Scotti Brothers and it is still in print. Has it also been re-released with the WAY MOBY VOLCANO label?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Leonard Cohen @ Dec 10 2004, 07:30 PM wrote: Why was Dare To Be Stupid on The Transformers Soundtrack?  How did that happen?  What was the purpose behind it? I know the soundtrack was originally released by Scotti Brothers and it is still in print.  Has it also been re-released with the WAY MOBY VOLCANO label?
It most likely ended up on the soundtrack because Scotti Bros. produced the album, so they probably had some kind arrangement that allowed them to feature their own artists.

And yes, the "Transformers" soundtrack has been reissued by Volcano, but no it doesn't have the Way Moby logo on the case.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
samuraisumo
Off The Deep End

Post by samuraisumo »

Maybe because it had a techno beat that kinda went with the movie. It'sthe same beat as the movie theme.
My friends call me Sumo.

Al team member 62!
NovaGreensocks
Obsessed

Post by NovaGreensocks »

Wow, I haven't posted here yet? DTBS is my all-time favorite! [probably my inner Spud screaming out :lol:]
Ah, I love this song. It's so... Mark Mothersbaugh-esque. *actually gets nearly all visual jokes/references in the video, as well as original Devo songs homaged to*
And bright yellow radiation suits look cool XD
*does the Corporate Anthem salute with an ice cream cone*
Anata mo watashi mo Polka!
massivifan
Occasional

Post by massivifan »

This is my favorite song off the album, and one of my favorite original songs.
Can I sniff the pit stains on your blouse?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Cover version of "Dare To Be Stupid" (not mine!)

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Not bad. That MC Chris has quite an annoying voice, but is nonetheless quite funny.
taste is only something if it is yours.
ArtVandelay
Occasional

Post by ArtVandelay »

Wow, that was the first cover version of a Weird Al song I've heard. Not bad.

As for why Dare To Be Stupid was on the Transformers soundtrack, I'll let Al answer.

The Transformers soundtrack came out on Scotti Bros., so oddly enough, there were a bunch of Scotti Bros. artists on there. I think I probably got a phone call saying, "Hey, we're gonna use one of your songs in this movie, if that's okay with you," and I probably said, "Sure, why not - hey, how did you get this number?"

I've never seen the Transformers movie before. Is it actually in the movie and if so, where and for how long?
I bought some batteries but they weren't included, so I bought them again.
BigWeirdAlFan

Post by BigWeirdAlFan »

This is my favorite song off the album too :)
CPFofAl
Die-hard Fan

Post by CPFofAl »

The DTBS video is the cream of the Al crop. The Hootie/Burger King commercials a couple years ago reminded me of the "Jim-in-a-cowboy-suit" parts of this video.
Go hang a salami, I'm a lasgna hog!

Al Team # 27°