Eat It

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Years back, Adam Sandler did a special on MTV where he was talking about funny videos and stuff. It was very "Al Friendly" (Something that recent "Funny Video" specials really haven't been. It seems that if Al's on the countdown, he's been inherited)

There were a couple Al videos on there, and after Eat It, Adam was talking about the day after he saw it and how that was the only thing he and his friends could talk about the next day in high school. Adam also showed off a bunch of cds, and he had a few Al cds.

Anyway, I thought this would be a good way to bring up an "Eat It" discussion topic. Anybody else have any initial reactions to Eat It (Those who were old enough to remember, of course)? Anything else you'd like to share?

This is where to talk about it! :D
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I didn't think that Adam Sandler thing was that long ago? I saw that. I dont remenber Eat It I wasn't born yet. I dont know if I really care for the song. But the video is ok I think I havent seen it in a while.
Al team # 2836
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

This is one of those songs that I've actually heard the original of, and maybe it's just because I heard "Eat It" first, but I like the intro on Al's song better.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Dr. Demento was talking about that on Driven. He likes the "Bong" on Eat It better than the "Bong" on Beat It.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

This is one of those songs that I've actually heard the original of, and maybe it's just because I heard "Eat It" first, but I like the intro on Al's song better

So do I. It seems like Al's version is clearer.
Al team # 2836
WeirdSolo
Occasional

Post by WeirdSolo »

I can't watch the Cafe 80's scene in Back to the Future 2 with a straight face. It's Beat It in a cafe for cryin' out loud! :P

Eat It's always been one of my favorites. The words always through me for a loop though. I have yet to toally master it when I sing along. :S

I love the video, too. :D
How many molecules are in Leonard Nimoy's butt anyway?
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

The Eat It video was the first time I ever saw what Al looked like. I'd liked his music for a few years by then but I never noticed his albums in stores.

Also, when I was reading Al's message a couple days ago, I thought to myself "this is that Eat It guy" -- it was surreal. It really didn't seem like the same person. Weird Al and Al Yankovic seem worlds apart sometimes.
This means something. This is important.
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

I think Eat It is clever and funny. It could easily rank as one of Al's top-ten songs.

I agree, Eat It sounds clearer (I can understand what Al is saying). I don't want to sound ungreatful, but I wish there was more bass in the song, much like in Beat It. Otherwise, it's fantastic.
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

I like how he copied MJ move for move. Either BTM or Driven (I forget which) did a split-screen with both videos, and Al nailed it!
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Miss Janine @ Apr 15 2004, 01:03 PM wrote: I like how he copied MJ move for move. Either BTM or Driven (I forget which) did a split-screen with both videos, and Al nailed it!
It was Driven. And yes indeed Al nailed it!
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson