Favorite Unreleased songs

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

I have a sentimental affection for Al's early [pre-My Bologna] songs. Although they don't have the polish of later songs, they have a wonderful late-teenager goofiness to them. My favorites:

#1 for sure: Belvedere Cruising [This song would sound fabulous in a ragtime arrangement, eh?]

Cheerios [which has forever transformed breakfast for me]

Baby likes Burping, which brings back that morning that squirrelygirl posted for help after her computer got a glitch and was playing it ninety-something times-I can see sg now after about the 27th encore of it :wink:

Cheers, Diva

who also wishes Al would go back to more accordion on his non-polka songs; I love the rich reed sound
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Ah, yes, Cheerios, the song you told me about! I have a lovely pin that Miss Diva made for me with a tiny box of Froot Loops on it that will always remind me of that song! Thanks again for givng it to me! I get compliments on it, and mostly, to my delight, questions about it! *I love explaining it to people*

Patti

Also has tres cool spatula earrings that every woman who sees them says are "real pretty" (thanks again, Diva)
Ash
Occasional

Post by Ash »

Pac-man. No contest.
WeirdAlFanatic27
Addicted

Post by WeirdAlFanatic27 »

i've heard free delivery and that is a kool song!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WeirdAlFanatic27 on 2001-12-22 03:29 ]</font>
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Blacksash, we're talking about songs that Al has done that have not been released on any album. A few more that I like: "We Got the Beef" and "Flatbush Ave." And the Yoda Chant most certainly is Al's! It was added on to "Yoda" in the '90's.

Patti
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yes, we're friends! hehe! And those are some good songs you picked.

Patti
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

Not to veer OT, but there sure do seem to be a lot of Al fans in the Netherlands. Maybe Al could do a lower tech 'unplugged' tour in northern Europe? In any case, it's nifty to have all these Dutch fans. :smile:

Cheers, Diva

noting Al's multinational appeal [hey, US + Canada + the Netherlands + Britain]