You Don't Take Your Showers

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I got my copy of Dr. Demento's Basement Tapes #14 today. I'm really liking this new shipping company he's using. Speedy delivery! You no longer have to wait 5 months to get your orders. :)

Of all the songs Al's released on the Basement Tapes, I was probably looking forward to this one the most. It's always been one of my favorite unreleased songs. And I'm relieved that it sounds great, and is the clearest and cleanest copy of the song I've heard! I was hoping so, because of the source, but you never know.

If you're not familiar, "You Don't Take Your Showers" is the previously unreleased parody of "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" by Neil Diamond and Barbara Streisand, performed live on The Dr. Demento Show. Dr. Demento included a little bit of the pre and post song banter between the two of them. I had heard most of it before, but I hadn't heard the little teaser that Dr. Demento included at the end of the song about the song Al played a little later in the show based on one of the hottest rock-n-roll songs of the day. ;)

Cool stuff!

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

My Basement Tapes #14 hasn't come yet... :( I ordered it two weeks ago. Like, not last Saturday, but the Saturday before that. I can't wait, though!
Begone, foul beast!
Carol
Obsessed

Post by Carol »

I just heard this song yesterday. I really like it! ^_^ The rhyme scheme is so cheesy, it's cute.
Carpe Musica

I'm not being condescending, I'm too busy thinking about far more important things you wouldn't understand.
cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

I don't know why but I never really liked this song. Maybe because I never liked the tune of the original though :P
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Is the Basement Tapes version the same as the one that is on that 5-Disc collection of rarities? I mean besides the extra parts that Dave mentioned.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Yes, it's the same version, and as far as I know, the only version of the song.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
NovaGreensocks
Obsessed

Post by NovaGreensocks »

Elvis @ Feb 25 2006, 11:43 AM wrote: Yes, it's the same version, and as far as I know, the only version of the song.

Dave
There seem to be two versions over at nova stream radio [which has nothing to do with my name! :P ] ; a demo version, and a live version. Or, did you mean an alternate version as far as lyrics go? I'm starting to confuse myself @_@
Anata mo watashi mo Polka!
cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

the rarities collection has both versions, the early demo version and that later live version. I would suspect the one in the basement tapes is the demo version
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I love this song! It sounds like I'd better get a copy of Basement Tapes 14. It'll be my first Basement tapes. *Yes, that's right, kids. I don't own any of the other ones.*
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I used to order the Basement Tapes. But recently it's been hard to justify spending all that money for ONE song that I already have on my iTunes already. I usually don't like much of any of the other stuff played on Dr. Demento.