Orgy On My Own

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

To be honest, crazymelon, I'm not surprised. I mean that in the nicest possible way, but in this world, only kids in soundproof black boxes don't have a clue about sex.
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

Kids in soundproof black boxes couldn't listen to Al either. :lookaround:
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

Grom @ Sep 16 2006, 03:35 AM wrote: Yeah, but since this is a family forum, people are trying to be on the safe side and not want to give poor unfortunate parents the job of explaining what (m-word) is and why they do it to a kid who ain't ready.
um it is the parent's resposability to explain stuff like that and the only reason parents feel funny or nervous about doing it is because society forces our sepcies to "hide" the act of procreation or masturbation from it's young in some twisted hope that they won't do it. This is stupid for many reasons.

People in families have sex. In fact that is how families are made. People in familes masturbate. Moms, dads, sisters, grandfathers and even pre-teens masturbate.

:oo

It is very unfortuanate that for many the concept of sex-education goes as far as "Don't do it." The more educated you are on a subject the more respect you will have for it. And studies show it results in fewer unwanted pregnancies and STDs.

Almost all other species do not do this to their young. Chimps, our closest relatives and other species teach their young ALL aspects of life. Censorship is never right. It leaves you unprepared for the world we live in.

All that being said, if we as a culture were actually comfortable with our sexuality masturbation would not be that funny. So perhaps that is a silver lining somehow.

---

Now I wish more than ever that I could hear this song. BTW, where does the original mention of this song's existence come from?

Is there any date pegged down?
<-- I'll ace any triva quiz you bring on
cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

I believe it's mentioned on weirdal.com, in the setlist section.
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Dumb n00b for Al @ Sep 17 2006, 05:00 PM wrote: Kids in soundproof black boxes couldn't listen to Al either. :lookaround:
Exactly.

Mum : "Ok, I think we can let him out of the box now--
*wanna B Ur Lovr comes on*
Mum : :oo BACK IN THE BOX!!!
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

mikelgb @ Sep 17 2006, 09:54 AM wrote: BTW, where does the original mention of this song's existence come from?

Is there any date pegged down?
There is an amazing treasure trove of ALness available to every fan with an online connection. You should really check it out. Bermuda has spent literally years of his life compiling this information and making it available to us.

From The Mothership, Setlist page:
Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park CA, June 12 (3 shows)

1st show:

blah blah blah...
Orgy On My Own

And

You had to be there!

There were many reasons a song was performed for a limited time - sometimes just once or twice - but never again. On occasion, an audience may have heard live versions of these recordings:

blah blah blah (read it all at weirdal.com)

or these unrecorded, unreleased "concert-only" songs:

Orgy On My Own

mikelgb wrote: People in families have sex. In fact that is how families are made. People in familes masturbate.

You're assuming that's what the song is about. I'll grant you that it's a logical conclusion based on the title, but with Al... you never know.
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

but with Al... you never know.

That's the main reason I'm largely staying out of this topic. It's turned into The Talk without much ground to stand on. I admit the assumption is likely, but heck, look at "Cavity Search".
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

I believe that people at the ages of 11-13 should be aware of sex. Though, coming from a Christian family and being a Christian, I have certain boundries for myself. Odd how a topic can go from an unreleased Al song to sex. For most people, sex is just a part of pop culture. :rolleyes:

Considering we know the lyrics to IICMLTAB, this song could be about anything...like "A Boy Named Orgy Who Was Made an Outcast So He Set Out on His Own and Became a Democrat".
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

While I agree that the song could be about anything, I just had to argue with those people who want to shield their kids forever.

Hey, maybe the reason Al won't release the song is because he knew people would immediately think it was about masturbation, and is now laughing at this topic.
cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

But if it was released, wouldn't it clear up the idea of it being about masturbating?

Unless, of course, it was about that.