I'm Stupid Blues

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: I'm Stupid Blues

Post by TMBJon »

TMBJon wrote:In the version of I'm Stupid Blues that I've heard, it's quite apparent that (if not Al himself) everyone else in the room is really smurfed up on some drugs. :wacko: :wacko:
No one can keep time, and everyone forgets the words and laughs really hard - including Al!
This recording is even more interesting in light of this quote from Rolling Stone:
"I've never done drugs recreationally. I've been around people that smoked dope, pot, Mary Jane, reefer. I enjoyed being around those people in college because it was very easy to make them laugh. But it was never my thing and my parents drilled into me not to ever take drugs, so out of respect for them I never did."

:wacko:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mybologna
Regular

Post by mybologna »

Huh, I've never heard THAT version of ISB before, only the radio broadcast from the County Fair. Where can one here this version? It sounds hilarious.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

TMBJon wrote:
TMBJon wrote:In the version of I'm Stupid Blues that I've heard, it's quite apparent that (if not Al himself) everyone else in the room is really smurfed up on some drugs. :wacko: :wacko:
No one can keep time, and everyone forgets the words and laughs really hard - including Al!
This recording is even more interesting in light of this quote from Rolling Stone:
"I've never done drugs recreationally. I've been around people that smoked dope, pot, Mary Jane, reefer. I enjoyed being around those people in college because it was very easy to make them laugh. But it was never my thing and my parents drilled into me not to ever take drugs, so out of respect for them I never did."

:wacko:
Kinda brings that quote to life, eh? Pretty crazy. I think if I were the only sober person in a room full of messed up people, I would laugh pretty hard at their antics, while likewise making them laugh.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

I have that version of I'm Stupid Blues. it's pretty much 8 minutes of Al and college friends messing about as previously stated. One of the friends mentioned drugs but it wasn't Al.