"Tooth Scum"?

No file trading allowed!

Moderator: Moderators

Eyeball Chair
Addicted

"Tooth Scum"?

Post by Eyeball Chair »

Is this actually a song? If you look on this documentary "Driven", it talks about recordings which didn't come out as good, and it shows a picture of some tape titled "Tooth Scum". Does anyone know about this?

Here's the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrQT94I1 ... ure=relmfu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: "Tooth Scum"?

Post by TMBJon »

I took a look at the clip in question. Almost all of the footage used in Driven is just generic b-roll. For example, the accordion close-ups were not footage of Al playing the accordion. The close-ups of the audio meters were not actually the meters in the studio when Al was recording a song. So, likewise, I would guess that 8-track shown that says Tooth Scum might be some other 8-track or possibly even a prop made by a production assistant while they were shooting that b-roll.
This is just an educated guess based on my experience in production. I could be way off base...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Plus Driven aired, what a decade ago? There would have been at least 14 threads mentioning this by now
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

minnick27 wrote:Plus Driven aired, what a decade ago? There would have been at least 14 threads mentioning this by now
Hm. I suppose so... Well I guess this mystery is solved...