Classic Parodies For the Medley

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Classic Parodies For the Medley

Post by TMBJon »

For the last tour, Al brought out a bunch of songs that have not been played in a while including I Want A New Duck and Theme From Rocky XIII. Which classic/obscure parodies would you like to see resurface as part of the medley in the upcoming tour?

Here is my partial list: Stop Draggin My Car Around, King of Suede, Living With A Hernia, Isle Thing, Phony Calls. I'd always like to see at least two of the three of Bus, Balogna, and Rocky Road.

And a totally awesome but unlikely pick would be It's Still Billy Joel To Me. For that matter, it would be totally awesome if Al ever brought back one of the old concert only medley songs like Whole Lotta Lunch or Avacado! :wacko:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Classic Parodies For the Medley

Post by Killingsworth »

I agree with the rest of those choices, but I don't see how "Living With A Hernia" or "It's Still Billy Joel To Me" could fit comfortably into a medley. I'd probably swap that one out for "Addicted To Spuds" or "Jurassic Park". I think I'd be okay with Al leaving "My Bologna" out of the medley this time since he just did it on a tour that ended less than a year ago.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I'd like to see girls wanna have lunch make a reprise

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I wouldn't mind if "Taco Grande" made an appearance. It might be cool to hear that live.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I definitely want Bus to stick around. I like it being the first song. Taco Grande would not be bad, either. Good sing along songs and accordion songs would be great by me.
Is my dude a dweeb?
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

TMBJon wrote: And a totally awesome but unlikely pick would be It's Still Billy Joel To Me. For that matter, it would be totally awesome if Al ever brought back one of the old concert only medley songs like Whole Lotta Lunch or Avacado! :wacko:
I'd be all for this! Would love to hear him bust out with "Moldy Now" and "Fairfax Avenue"!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

A few classic parodies I'd love to hear make a reappearance: Achy Breaky Song, I Think I'm A Clone Now, The White Stuff, Isle Thing, King Of Suede, Stop Draggin' My Car Around. And I'd also love to see a resurgence of some of the concert only songs.
And Peggy
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

Maybe I'll try a list of good ones (imo):
I Love Rocky Road
Stop Draggin' My Car Around
King Of Suede
Like A Surgeon (getting this song back in any capacity would be awesome!)
Alimony
I Think I'm A Clone Now
Taco Grande
Headline News (updated versions, like in 2007)
Livin' In The Fridge
Cavity Search

Anything past BHD is a bit too recent, probably. I highlighted two that I wanted the most, because I think Al will only bring back two for the new medley. Obviously, I'm not saying he will only bring two from my list, but rather, two classics in general. Concert-only stuff would be awesome, but there are fewer of those that really warrant it above actual releases; I wish that I could see Free Delivery, though!
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I definitely want more concert only songs to make a reappearance. The food medleys were wonderful.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Anything pre-BHD that has never been performed before would surely be welcomed.
Any parody that happens to be timely - example: Jurassic World is coming out next year.
New (and of course old fan favorite) concert only songs.