Weird Al at Wits-St. Paul, MN

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Weird Al at Wits-St. Paul, MN

Post by Wizzerkat »

Oct. 24, Fitzgerald Theater: "Weird Al" Yankovic, Paul F. Tompkins and Paget Brewster.

http://www.vita.mn/arts/272161531.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is my dude a dweeb?
arewethereyet
Occasional
Location: 70 miles east of the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota

Re: Weird Al at Wits-St. Paul, MN

Post by arewethereyet »

Oooh, I'd really like to see that -- I listen to Wits frequently -- but it's the Friday night before my daughter's Saturday afternoon bat mitzvah. Hmmm . . .
5/3/12 Minneapolis; 10/13/12 Milwaukee; 8/3/13 Prior Lake, MN; 8/4/13 Des Moines; 7/3/15 Prior Lake, MN; 8/18/16 Thunder Bay, Ontario; 4/3/18 Minneapolis; 6/23/19 Madison; 8/27/19 MN State Fair
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

I'm SO there! This should be a lot of fun. Definitely a different kind of Al experience here.
arewethereyet
Occasional

Post by arewethereyet »

I got my ticket -- second row, center orchestra pit! Woo-hoo! Very long line for tickets. Were you there, Yank27?
5/3/12 Minneapolis; 10/13/12 Milwaukee; 8/3/13 Prior Lake, MN; 8/4/13 Des Moines; 7/3/15 Prior Lake, MN; 8/18/16 Thunder Bay, Ontario; 4/3/18 Minneapolis; 6/23/19 Madison; 8/27/19 MN State Fair
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

I was not...I was on the road to Chicago at the time, and Dan couldn't make it, so we ended up getting them online. Luckly the Fitzgerald appears to be a small place because we ended up with GA balcony seats...this thing sold out all the floor seats to people waiting in that line...the entire thing was sold out the day it went on sale online from what I understand, so I'm feeling fortunate that we're actually able to go!

It does raise the question...do the performers meet with people at these things? Saying hi to Al again would of coarse be a thrill, but I'd also like to meet Paul F. Thompkins. Regardless, this is going to be a fun night!
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

oh well I missed out, I have no money anyway
arewethereyet
Occasional

Post by arewethereyet »

Yank27 wrote:I was not...I was on the road to Chicago at the time, and Dan couldn't make it, so we ended up getting them online. Luckly the Fitzgerald appears to be a small place because we ended up with GA balcony seats...this thing sold out all the floor seats to people waiting in that line...the entire thing was sold out the day it went on sale online from what I understand, so I'm feeling fortunate that we're actually able to go!

It does raise the question...do the performers meet with people at these things? Saying hi to Al again would of coarse be a thrill, but I'd also like to meet Paul F. Thompkins. Regardless, this is going to be a fun night!
I've never been to a Wits show before, so I have no idea. I agree, whether or not there will be a meet & greet, it will be fun.
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

The show last night was amazing. I didn't know much about the Wits or Thrilling Adventure Hour until last night, so the whole experience was new to me. I'll save any spoilers for those waiting for the podcast, but it was a great show! It was very surreal getting to hear Al do all of these different voices in person...voices I am used to hearing in his cartoon work...so much fun! And much to our surprise, the group did do a meet after the show, and it was the most fun and relaxed meet I've had with Al.

Paul surprised the heck out of me by re-posting my photo on Instagram, so if you follow him, you have probably seen it already. For those who haven't seen it, enjoy the Sweet Juice of Liberty. :)
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Sounds really cool, and awesome that Paul RT'd your pic! :tacky:

I think I did see it on twitter! Looking forward to the podcast.

Any pics from the meet and greet?

And to think he was only 2 states away....

No I'm not a stalker. Just saying...
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Yes, we got tons of pictures from the meet...I posted all of mine at my instagram...you can check them out there so this thread doesn't get overloaded: http://instagram.com/jamarker27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's also some very funny pictures with Dan and Paul, and some alternate shots of Al taking a selfie with Paul and Hannah, but they haven't been posted.