4/20/2015 - signing at Barnes & Noble in NYC

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Re: 4/20/2015 - signing at Barnes & Noble in NYC

Post by senorconebra »

I'll be on vacation!!
guess I should start walkin'
conk or bepis
sternoinferno
Occasional

Post by sternoinferno »

Great time!

I'm blanking - who was the bald guy in the light blue shirt who was there? I recognize him from somewhere and I'm embarrassed that I don't know who, or where I know him from.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

sternoinferno wrote:Great time!

I'm blanking - who was the bald guy in the light blue shirt who was there? I recognize him from somewhere and I'm embarrassed that I don't know who, or where I know him from.
Having seen photos from this event on Twitter, I can safely say that bald guy in the light blue shirt was MAD's MADdest Writer himself, Dick DeBartolo. If you recognize him from anywhere it's probably from the pages of MAD.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Al Jaffee was there. He sat for about 15 minutes in front of the stage next to Jay Levey. Also, someone with blue hair named Jody was getting a lot of attention. I assume she was with MAD but my knowledge of MAD is very limited so she may just be some random person with blue hair named Jody. Anyway, Al Jaffee had a little bit of an entourage with him so there were likely some other MAD people there as well.

Anyway the nice thing is they had someone to take photos for you, the bad thing is the picture I most wanted ended up blurry. :blur:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
sternoinferno
Occasional

Post by sternoinferno »

Killingsworth wrote:
sternoinferno wrote:Great time!

Having seen photos from this event on Twitter, I can safely say that bald guy in the light blue shirt was MAD's MADdest Writer himself, Dick DeBartolo. If you recognize him from anywhere it's probably from the pages of MAD.

It actually wasn't him, I recognize the guy from somewhere else, I think he's an actor. He was sorta hanging out with the entourage to the left of the stage.. hmm
sternoinferno
Occasional

Post by sternoinferno »

Elvis wrote:Al Jaffee was there. He sat for about 15 minutes in front of the stage next to Jay Levey. Also, someone with blue hair named Jody was getting a lot of attention. I assume she was with MAD but my knowledge of MAD is very limited so she may just be some random person with blue hair named Jody. Anyway, Al Jaffee had a little bit of an entourage with him so there were likely some other MAD people there as well.

Anyway the nice thing is they had someone to take photos for you, the bad thing is the picture I most wanted ended up blurry. :blur:

[ https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDFfamyW8AA4CV1.jpg ]

Dave
The pictures I got with Al were right before (and also right after) he sneezed/coughed, so he has that post-cough, and about to sneeze, look - a face I will cherish forever. Right after that, he reached for some hand sanitizer and I believe he accidentally spilled some on John Ficarra.. they were laughing about it. Great times!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Elvis wrote:Al Jaffee was there. He sat for about 15 minutes in front of the stage next to Jay Levey. Also, someone with blue hair named Jody was getting a lot of attention. I assume she was with MAD but my knowledge of MAD is very limited so she may just be some random person with blue hair named Jody. Anyway, Al Jaffee had a little bit of an entourage with him so there were likely some other MAD people there as well.

[ https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDFfamyW8AA4CV1.jpg ]

Dave
There was someone who was a finalist on American Idol named Joey...maybe that is who you are thinking of!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
sternoinferno
Occasional

Post by sternoinferno »

Can anyone help me identify the guy in the blue shirt behind Al with his arm on Dick DeBartolo's shoulder?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I had a few minutes this week, so I put up a review on my website.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!