Concert Attire

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

ConstipatedWienerDog

Concert Attire

Post by ConstipatedWienerDog »

What did/will you wear to the Mandatory Tour gig? I just bought my ticket; it's in two days, and I'm already thinking about what I'll wear lol.

Do you go in costume? Do you like dressing up?
"Everything you know is wrong. Black is white, up is down and short is long. And everything you used to think was so important doesn't really matter anymore because the simple fact remains that EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG!"
Annie27
Addicted

Re: Concert Attire

Post by Annie27 »

I just wore my Weird Al shirt and jeans.
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Shorts and a tshirt, no need to get too fancy
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I would go naked but people these days, they just won't allow it. Off The Deep End t-shirt, jeans.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

That all really depends on you. I've seen everything from "I happened to be wearing this today" to "I planned this costume for 2 years!"... so you've just gotta do you. And, of course, enjoy the show. :ttr:

I usually keep it simple too. Shorts and a t-shirt, like Mike said. I'll usually toss on a shirt with some geek theming to it for my own amusement, or go for whatever Al shirt from the collection that fits my mood.
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Somewhere around here exists a picture of me in a pink bathrobe, so yeah, wear whatever. At every concert I see at least one person in costume, lots of people in Hawaiian shirts, people in Al t-shirts, and people dressed as if they just came from work, so it really doesn't matter. Wear what you are comfortable with. It's really hard not to fit in at an Al concert.

If you do feel like going in costume, here's The Big Cosplay Topic to give you some ideas and see what you are up against.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

For this tour, I repurposed an imitation Ed Hardy shirt I had from when I went as Stefon from SNL two Halloween ago. I threw on a garish Hawaiian shirt over it to create a Tacky outfit. Al himself told me he liked it.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

I usually like to wear costumes to the shows, but once in a while I don't if it's like outside and the weather is iffy. Then I just wear wither shorts and a t-shirt with a plaid shirt over probably, or a dress with a shirt under it, or just whatever. I do like to go in costume a lot, though. Just easier to mosh in street clothes. ;) Also, I've been wearing a chicken hat to almost every show I've been to since 2007 (and a modified chicken hat since 2011 :gaga: :foil: ) so I gotta have him, too! You kinda have to figure out your own thing according to what feels good to you and what you like and how little shame you have. :bigups:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

I'm pretty much going to have to dress up, to some extent, especially if I'm going by myself. I'm so horribly bad at going up to talk to people that I have to figure out some way of making them come to me if I don't want to spend the whole time a wallflower...
Love and peace.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

I'm not especially noticeable at concerts, since I tend to prefer comfort to presentation. T-shirts and jeans have been my thing for a long time! I like to wear the hoodies to Al shows lately, but I don't like to wear them in extreme heat, obviously. I've gone overboard in my attire once or twice, but not in a way that has ever outshone the dedication from a lot of the fans I see at concerts lately.

After my first concert in 2008, I put the White & Nerdy boxers over my pants for some reason.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22