BlizzCon 4-5 November 2016

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Re: BlizzCon 4-5 November 2016

Post by Sappho »

Muppetboy09 wrote: First World Problems - It was during this number that I realized a few locks of Al's curls have gone completely grey!
I noticed that too! The two locks coming from his temples were noticeably lighter than the rest. You normally don't see it because it's hidden by the rest of his hair on top but with it blown backward like that it was really visible.
Love and peace.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Big Spoon wrote:
Muppetboy09 wrote:We now have 4 (I REPEAT, FOUR) tour master recordings: RWS, SOL, Alpocalypse, and MF. So cool!

When do we have one of the SOL tour from?
https://www.youtube.com/user/saskatchawan/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Watch the 2007 clips. They have better audio!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

We have
BHT
TWS
2 shows from SOL
IL
Alpocalypse
MWT
Last edited by YankoSwag 8888 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

YankoSwag 8888 wrote:We have
TWS
2 shows from SOL
IL
Alpocalypse
MWT

where can I find the MWT video?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=weird+al+blizzcon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

I found it on youtube. I downloaded it. It was amazing. The interview lady was a bit creepy though.
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Muppetboy09 wrote:So, overall, I thought it was very good considering it was all live. Here are my notes (WARNING: MAJOR NITPICKS)

[Dare to be Stupid - Seems like Jon's drum pad wasn't functioning here. Still a good performance, and cool that we have 2 recording o
Smells Like Nirvana - It still baffles me how he is able to pull this song of vocally. Sounded great, minus a few sound effects missing
Handy - Bermudas mic wasn't working, nor was his drum pad, meaning we lost all the snare hits
Jeopardy - The snare is really loud. Also, laughing at the guy screaming "No!" when Don Pardo is listing off all the things Al didn't win
The Saga Begins - The crowd was really into this one. Unfortunately, Jim's guitar wasn't working for the beginning or end. And during the end, some guy was talking, so that sucked.
There were at least 3 feeds - our monitors, the audience mix, and the feed for DirecTV. My pad was definitely working and played in all the right places for the band mix, but I found out later that it was missing at times, at least on the streamed show. I don't know if it was working for the live audience. The guitar issue was apparently something onstage, as none of us had it, despite it working earlier in the show. And the unplugged medley snare mic was an issue during the run-through, but we couldn't trace it. Shouldn't have affected the mix, although we only hear what we hear from the monitor board.

Overall it was a good performance though. The few absolutely necessary fixes are in the works. :)

Bermuda
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

bermuda wrote:
Muppetboy09 wrote:So, overall, I thought it was very good considering it was all live. Here are my notes (WARNING: MAJOR NITPICKS)

[Dare to be Stupid - Seems like Jon's drum pad wasn't functioning here. Still a good performance, and cool that we have 2 recording o
Smells Like Nirvana - It still baffles me how he is able to pull this song of vocally. Sounded great, minus a few sound effects missing
Handy - Bermudas mic wasn't working, nor was his drum pad, meaning we lost all the snare hits
Jeopardy - The snare is really loud. Also, laughing at the guy screaming "No!" when Don Pardo is listing off all the things Al didn't win
The Saga Begins - The crowd was really into this one. Unfortunately, Jim's guitar wasn't working for the beginning or end. And during the end, some guy was talking, so that sucked.
There were at least 3 feeds - our monitors, the audience mix, and the feed for DirecTV. My pad was definitely working and played in all the right places for the band mix, but I found out later that it was missing at times, at least on the streamed show. I don't know if it was working for the live audience. The guitar issue was apparently something onstage, as none of us had it, despite it working earlier in the show. And the unplugged medley snare mic was an issue during the run-through, but we couldn't trace it. Shouldn't have affected the mix, although we only hear what we hear from the monitor board.

Overall it was a good performance though. The few absolutely necessary fixes are in the works. :)

Bermuda
Thanks so much for the insight! It truly was a wonderful performance :D
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Muppetboy09 wrote: When do we have one of the SOL tour from?
https://www.youtube.com/user/saskatchawan/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Watch the 2007 clips. They have better audio!
Someone mentioned TWO master recordings of the SOL tour? Is the other one from the Biography special or a different one? Also, is the BHT one from the Disney No Going Home Special or another one of the full BHT setlist?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

There's No Going Home. It was fully recorded but not all of it was used.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Druring "Saga" Al messed up he said "Junkyard Jaive". Soon I'll post a review of this show.