Songs That Will Never Be Medleyized

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Songs That Will Never Be Medleyized

Post by TMBJon »

It would not only be interesting, but also impossible!
In this topic, discuss which songs that are often performed live do you think would never be truncated into medley form. In other words, when they have ran their course, they will go the way of Bedrock Anthem or Like A Surgeon. This is for parodies only because the medley is always exclusively parodies.

I'd say:

Amish Paradise

Fat

Smells Like Nirvana

Couch Potato

The Saga Begins

It's All About The Pentiums
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I would say that the costume songs won't ever go into a medley. They will be axed from the playlist first.

Of course, Eat It could prove me wrong. Was it ever a full length song?
richegreen
Regular

Post by richegreen »

I would say that the costume songs won't ever go into a medley. They will be axed from the playlist first.

Yes, up through 1986 Eat It was done in full (Al would stop and eat a banana during the guitar solo), and then it's always been in the medley. The difference between Eat It and those songs listed is that it is a 5 second costume change, unlike the others. Acky Breaky Song originally had a costume when it was performed in full, but got truncated down to just the hat for the medley version. I don't think that can be pulled off with any of the other costumes (MAYBE Couch Potato down the road)
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I'd add Yoda to that list. It's not a costumed song (at least it didn't used to be, until the addition of TSB), but I think it will always remain as the encore to the concert.

Also, I was actually very surprised that Like a Surgeon and Bedrock Anthem weren't at least shortened and used for the medley this time around seeing as how those two performances were so popular among fans.

BTW, should we be discussing these songs which have been removed from the set list without putting "Spoilers" in the topic? Some people, like me, haven't seen the new show yet. I don't mind spoilers, but some people do.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Also I'd be very shocked if Amish Paradise, Smells Like Nirvana, and Fat were removed (or put into the medley) from the set list. They were, after all, Al's three biggest hits ever!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

From this Album, based on patterns, I'd say for the next tour, Al will discard one of ACS, eBay, or TOAS. Likely eBay. The other two will go into the medley, while Trash Day and Couch Potato stay full. I could see Trash Day turning into a medley song if Al just threw on the Vokal shirt or maybe even just a bling necklace.

Saga and Yoda wouldn't make much sense outside of their full form, so I think those two will stay until they are canned.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

What did the Achy Breaky Song costume look like?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

It was a generic country western costume. Like the cowboy-type jacket with frills plus the hat.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

All eat it had was a jacket though. And I dont see y bedrock anthem couldnt be in a medley. He doesnt have to dress up and if does and porbably just slip on the fre flinstone tanktop.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Re: Songs That Will Never Be Medleyized

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Smells Like Nirvana
The Saga Begins
Amish Paradise
Yoda
White & Nerdy
Tacky
Word Crimes
Fat

As for the acoustic medley I think these could get in:
Amish Paradise
Fat
Dare To Be Stupid
Bedrock Anthem

Next tour I would love to see these in full form.
Like A Surgeon
Couch Potato
Eat It
One More MInute