Songs That Will Never Be Medleyized

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Songs That Will Never Be Medleyized

Post by Killingsworth »

I could see Tacky getting medleyed for a future tour before Word Crimes. I don't seriously think Al will or has to open every single tour set list with it from now on unless he finds a different way to perform it that doesn't involve using the song to make a grand entrance.

Word Crimes could conceivably be in a medley but then again, Al may want to keep in a full length fixture for future set lists Ala Nirvana, Amish Paradise W&N, Fat seeing as Al has said in interviews that the song is another recent favorite of his due to the subject matter being near and dear to him.

Actually, now that I think about it, the most likely thing for Al to do with these MF parodies stelist wise would be to retire Tacky and Foil for at least one full tour and place Word Crimes somewhere in the medley.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Killingsworth wrote:I could see Tacky getting medleyed for a future tour before Word Crimes. I don't seriously think Al will or has to open every single tour set list with it from now on unless he finds a different way to perform it that doesn't involve using the song to make a grand entrance.

Word Crimes could conceivably be in a medley but then again, Al may want to keep in a full length fixture for future set lists Ala Nirvana, Amish Paradise W&N, Fat seeing as Al has said in interviews that the song is another recent favorite of his due to the subject matter being near and dear to him.

Actually, now that I think about it, the most likely thing for Al to do with these MF parodies stelist wise would be to retire Tacky and Foil for at least one full tour and place Word Crimes somewhere in the medley.
I always thought that maybe Word Crimes would stick around for quite a while. Maybe not a permanent fixture, but it is a crowd favorite and sold really well as a single. I would say Foil is a DEFINITE for the medley, and could see Tacky being retired altogether after this tour. It works as an opener, but seems out of place anywhere else in the show.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

TMBJon wrote:In this topic, discuss which songs that are often performed live do you think would never be truncated into medley form. In other words, when they have ran their course, they will go the way of Bedrock Anthem or Like A Surgeon. This is for parodies only because the medley is always exclusively parodies.

I'd say:
Amish Paradise
Fat
Smells Like Nirvana
Couch Potato
The Saga Begins
It's All About The Pentiums
Well, it looks like I was pretty wrong in this list I made in 2003. Bedrock Anthem, Couch Potato, and Pentiums all made it into a medley eventually. And Like A Surgeon basically did, too.

:imstupid:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Killingsworth wrote:I could see Tacky getting medleyed for a future tour before Word Crimes. I don't seriously think Al will or has to open every single tour set list with it from now on unless he finds a different way to perform it that doesn't involve using the song to make a grand entrance.

I think Foil could be in the medley but Word Crimes & Tacky are hard to say. I myself think Word Crimes is more likely to be in the medley ether at the start or the end and Tacky near the end of the concert bessed on popularity of the original songs.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

A good next tour medley in my opinion would be somewhat like this.

Party In The C.I.A
It's All About The Pentiums
Foil
eBay
Headline News
Canadian Idiot
Ode To A Superhero
Pretty Fly For A Rabbi
My Bologna
Word Crimes

For the Acoustic Medley I think it could be longer

Eat It
I Lost On Jeopardy
Addicted To Spuds
I Love Rocky Road
Another One Rides The Bus
Living With A Hernia

Songs Such as:
Canadian Idiot - As much as I love this one I think it will be in the medley next tour
Foil - Same as Canadian Idiot
Gump - I think after MWT Gump will be retired
Lasagna - I think this song has reached the end of its life
My Bologna / Another One Rides The Bus - I think 1 of these will be played every other tour.
Like A Surgeon - I think this will have a comeback soon or save it for the end of the acoustic set
Oldies (LWAH, ATS, ILOJ, ILRR etc) These will most likley be saved for the acoustic medley
AllenDudley1991

Post by AllenDudley1991 »

"Foil" is the only song from "Mandatory Fun" that I'm sure will be medley-ized for the next tour. I certainly agree with Yankoswag about My Bologna/Another One Rides the Bus.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Tacky could stay in as an audience song
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

They will never "retire" Gump or Lasagna, they will always reappear now and then. They go over too well when they are performed and they are highly recognizable.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Your probably right