Tulsa reviews (was: show postponed due to bad weather)

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

I would say if you want to chance it, take a diposable, that way that's all you can lose! if you want diposables with 800 film, they are 7 something at wal-mart. a little expensive, so you may want to try something lower.

*this is what the people at DCF told her*
BillyW3
Occasional

Post by BillyW3 »

All I can say is WOW! While disappointed that the show had to be postponed, I can't say that it wasn't great! Of course! I had a few surprises as I hadn't stayed up on the current setlist to realize that CP had been moved to where I felt it should be. When AL & TBITB had played 5 songs without changing, I was starting to worry, but then they did OMM and my fears all vanished.

It did start to rain AGAIN today, and sort of sprinkled during the medley, which made the video for 60% Chance of Rain very ironic. The weather cooperated for the most part, and it actually didn't start raining very hard until right after the end of the show.

During WBUL, when AL strayed into the audience, he finally came to my side of the venue (I was in the front row), and my friend's wife got a hug!

All in all, I loved it, although I'm disappointed that the venue didn't let me take my camera inside for pics.

Here's the setlist, minus the video intros and segues.

AWBP
P@TLC
Horoscope
A Complicated Song
Melanie
One More Minute
Dog Eat Dog
IAATP
WBUL
Trash Day

Medley:

MFN/BH
Jerry Springer
Jurassic Park
Free Delivery
eBay
Rocky XIII
OTAS
Lasagna
Pretty Fly (For a Rabbi)
My Bologna
Gump
Eat It

Smells Like Nirvana
Amish Paradise
Couch Potato
Fat

Encore:

The Saga Begins
Yoda
(with new Yoda chant)
jahaase
Occasional

Post by jahaase »

My wife and I thought that was really cool of Al to give your friend's wife a hug. Even with a mote around the stage he was great about coming out to the audience and walking amongst us.

We both really enjoyed the show, even though it started about fifty minutes and twenty-seven seconds late. It's been a long time since I'd seen Al live, and we were really impressed with the band's live performance.

What was the song parody (and what was it a parody of) where Al had the double mohawk and was singing about being mad at his barber!? It was one of the video segments. Man, that was hilarious!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Glad you guys finally got to see Al, even if it did still rain there a bit. :)

*hopes it doesn't rain in KC* It's an outdoor venue.

-CindyBob
Aceb56
Occasional

My review

Post by Aceb56 »

First off the comedian they had really had the crowd laughing....but he over stayed his welcome...personally i thought he wasnt funny at all! He did a joke about how death is getting too expensive and he said every one should be creamated instead of being buried. And some one from section b...(my section) yelled out "I WANNA BE CREAMATED NOW!" funiest joke of the night ;). Then finnally about 30 minutes after that joke he says. "Ok im only going to do one more"

Audience cheers to that!

Then the Equipment crew came out and about 45 minutes after start time...FUNZONE! we see al coming down from the buses and we(the audience) give him a standing ovation. Then the first video clip.

The first video clip was the clip with the scifi things. and i love the part when they had bruce cambell from EVIL DEAD. that was cool.

after that segment Polka,P@TLC,Horoscope,and well ya'll no the setlist so...

The only bad thing with the show in my openinons was it was either my ears bleeding too bad or the Lead vocals were a little to high(sound guy was new i guess.That was the only thing wrong.

They nailed melinie. ANd the rest of the show was great. With the lightning going off and it sprinkling alittle bit it was all good. and made the show even better! Everyone cheered for the girl who got the hug in section A.she hesitated then just hugged him! AH.. Yoda's new chant is sweet!

I loved the fact that it starts to rain a little during 60% CHANCE OF RAIN.

Since the rest of the show was great ill just skip on to the end. Just and i mean JUST as soon as the concert ends (after yoda) it starts raining!

You could not take pictures (PERIOD) a few people had cameras and got in big trouble for having em. I found the best place to hide my camrea. MY BOOT! MUWAHHAHA. i got one picture in during TSB but that was it. any more pictures and i woulda got caught.

Anyway after the show i go with my friend and we go to the merchendise booth, i pick up a orange experience and band shirt. then we head down to the buses. when we got down there some dude was saying "IF UR NOT VIP OR HAVE THe PROPER PASS THEN YOU ARENT ALLOWED AND GO BACK TO THE PARKING LOT!" So everyone left to go to the parking lot cept me my friend and a few other non-pass people like 5 of use outside the gate.

So we wait for about 30 minutes. And we just go along the gate to and then about 15 minutes later one of the backstage pass people came out and gave my friend a backstage pass! i was like get my cover signed! i got my camera ill take a picture. then some guy said you guys (as in the few 5-8 people left not in the vip group)come here and stand outside this gate and when the backstage pass people get done you guys can go say hi to AL! i was like cool.

So me and my friend waited and the line wasnt that long maybe 10 people in the VIP. and 2 girls came up behind us and it was the NIRVANA CHEERLEADERS! that was cool. eventually the vip line got done and all the non VIP people crossed the fence.and the guy in the SILVER VEST got an auto graph and what not. then it was my turn

Al looked at me and said "next?!?" and im like ME :lookround: and i go up to him and start bowing saying "Im not worthy im not worthy" he just chuckled and he stuck out his hand for shake and i was so nervous i just gave him my ticket and he was like "um..." then i was like OH! so i shook his hand and i gave him my ticket and i saw him grab his marker and i offered my marker and i said "Oh i guess i should just put this back" and put it in my hawiian shirt pocket. He chuckled and said "Oh, I always come prepared." so i said ty and i asked if i could get a picture and he said yes.

so i got a picture and shook his hand for the third time and he said something like nice to meet you or whut not and im like you too :nervous: :nervous:

So i am so happy that was the first time i got to meet al and They had the best show (minus vocals) so i rate the show 10/10. GREAT JOB GUYS!
jahaase
Occasional

Post by jahaase »

The guy who said "I'd like to be cremated right now!" was just 2 rows in front of us and about 4 people over towards center stage. If you could, please post your picture here. I'd like to see it.
Aceb56
Occasional

Post by Aceb56 »

ill try and get them developed asap
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

So, no special performance of UHF, huh? Any reference to UHF at all from our boy?
Aceb56
Occasional

Post by Aceb56 »

No, this not even a refrence to uhf....unless u count video clips.....everyone went nuts when the firehose scene was played...

Although al did have some goo done liners during the show like...."Hmm Seems like i was just here like 3 days ago."

but its ok...he went into the audience twice....OMM and WBUL

Its all good :)

-Ace
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

twice! :nervous: I'm so jealous!