Oklahoma City Concert August 6

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

*drools*

ok...we got there 2 hours early! We parked and started to walk to get some food! We walked to the back of the venue when the two people in front of us (the ONLY other people around) take a sharp right. I speed up and see Al! I emit the scariest sound ever heard to man. By then, Al was being put pack into the van (he really looked like he wanted to visit a bit!) So we went and had hamburgers and get back, by then there's an hour to go (it was 6) dad and my brother decided they would watch and see if Al came out. they were ran off, while me and mom were standing in the heat (it was 105 outside) We found our place in line, and waited...and waited and waited....finally at 6:30 we went in, but there were no camera's with lenses (which I told dad) luckily, we brought an extra roll of film and camera! So while dad was heading back to the car (which was VERY close) I got in line for the merchandise stand. They had the pentiums shirts for $10, so I bought the band shirt, and the pentiums shirt. (not bad for $35) We found our seats and waited (sort of patiently) until 7:30 when the opening act came out. He was ok. (I believe it was the same one Tulsa had) kinda bland, but the audience was very polite and still tried to laugh, I decided to make one last bathroom trip, because I did NOT want to go during the show, while I was in there, I saw two girls putting on extreme amounts of make-up. I thought this was weird, but who was I to judge? So I went back to my seat, and waiting around 15 more minutes, they Fun Zone BLARED! The crowd went insane! I got so caught up in it, I started crying. Then when Al came out, my jaw just dropped (we were less than 20 ft away from the stage!) it was amazing! The sound had some troubles to start with (the pre-recorded no no's in ACS were REALLY off Al just gave a funny look and went on) In OMM I felt pumped, I had an aisle seat, and figured I had no chance of Al sitting on my lap (because I'm a minor) I should have switched seats with mom, but I didn't...stupid me. Al went right past me, and I felt his coat BRUSH MY ARM! That's all I remembered! He was two rows behind me, and gave a scarf to a girl who only looked slightly older, and an older woman. And he came down during WBUL didn't come down the aisle, but he was down there! In SLN the girls I had noticed in the bathroom with the makeup were the cheerleaders, they were Ok...but they weren't in sync with each other, and one of them almost forgot it was a family concert! The clips were chosen great, and Al didn't lose tempo or his voice once! The show went great, and in the middle of TSB the whole audience errupted for no reason at all! It may have been slightly triggered by when Steve came in, but we surprised Al, and it took him a couple seconds to regain, but he did! In Yoda, hearing Al became a challenge at times, the crowd was going so much! After the show, around 30 people waited by Al's bus. Steve came out, and we chanted for him, so he came, signed autographs, and migrated back. (that was before some of the people joined, so it was great) then Rubén came out, and signed autographs. Then he came right around I was standing and we chatted for a while. We saw Jim, but he never came out. darn. Rubén just chatted and chatted, until someone signaled that he had to get back. He told us Al couldn't come out because they had to drive 10 hours, no one budged, though. We wanted to see Al, no matter what. The bus backed out (The were watching Back To The Future Part Three in the back) and we could see Al through the front. We cheered and he sat next to the driver (he was wearing a silly putty T-Shirt) and just waved and waved and we all waved and screamed back. It was really fun. We got home around 12:30 and I now know, that I am addicted. Next summer, I will have a job, so I will be able to raise money for my cause to see Al, and I will see every show around Oklahoma (or as many as I can) and I want to get everyone's autograph (I got Steve's and Rubén's on free PH postcards they had sitting on a table)

the gladly to be addicted, Sarah

I'm taking the pictures today to be developed, I sure hope they turn out!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

What fun!

Being able to afford tour chasing is, IMHO, the best justification for gainful employment. But then, of course, time off becomes a problem. Life can be so hard. :huh:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Sarah, didn't I tell you? Al is much better looking in person isn't he?
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

you didn't tell me enough!!! To turn a corner and see Al is quite a shock to to a devoted fans system. Mom keeps laughing about the sound I made when I saw Al. She says I scared him back in the bus. (mom how dare you! :nervous: )

the way Rubén chatted was great! Someone stuck some money in his pocket, and he looked around and said "You noticed I kept that!" I think some jerk took it from him, though :mad:
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

They had the pentiums shirts for $10

They had that going at KC. A lot of old tour shirts were there, but there wasn't a price for them listed anywhere. Ah well. I own those anyway.

I'll focus on buying new merchandise.

-CindyBob
Aceb56
Occasional

Post by Aceb56 »

Hmm seems like you got to meet the band but i got to meet Al.....My pics come back Sunday! Cant wait to see how well my VERY LIMITED pics came out.....

And...I think bermuda once said taht his head is bigger then the size of a normal humans....He was right its like HUGE! I guess its for hios Enormus Brain....:)

Al really is a nice guy.....Maybe for the next leg he'll come back to Tulsa and OKC......You should meet him He is a genuine nice guy!

-Ace
Aceb56
Occasional

Post by Aceb56 »

that reminds me Those girls from nirvana are the same ones i meet when i was in line to see Al....we chatted with them.....Those ladies are Local SL...N cheerleaders....Guess tehy did go to OKC like they said.

-Ace
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

They had the pentiums shirts for $10
They had that going at KC. A lot of old tour shirts were there, but there wasn't a price for them listed anywhere. Ah well. I own those anyway.

I'll focus on buying new merchandise.

-CindyBob

I believe all the old shirts are $10, but you can only buy one with purchase of a new shirt. And each stop they pull out a different old item as a premium. Wow, they must have had a lot of stuff left over from TWS.
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

that's correct. But they told me, they only have large and small pentium T's left. (but they could have been wrong)