Tour Speculation:

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

whatmepolka
Occasional

Post by whatmepolka »

I know a lot of friends and I have been speculating as to wether we may have to do without CAGZ of TNSWC on the next tour.

Comments? Observations? Suggestions? Ideas? Thoughts?.....................................................................................eh, heh....................personal insights?
Justmac
Occasional

Post by Justmac »

CAGZ has been one of my very favorite songs since the first time I heard it. I found it difficult to listen to immediately after the events of 9-11. The main reason being that the site of the Twin Towers was being referred to AS Ground Zero. I now have no problem listening to it. It's not that I have forgotten the events of 9-11, but my brain now seems to be able to seperate a fictional song and that sad, sad place where the Twin Towers once stood.

As far as TNSWC, I would see nothing wrong if it were included next tour, although I doubt it. It's a great song. Now, if Santa went postal in real life, well then that song wouldn't be as funny anymore. Well, maybe it would, I don't know.

Laughter is important at a time like this. We can't ignore the world situation, but at times we need to let our brains take a break form reality and laugh a little. Otherwise our brains would explode! I am so thankful for Al and his music. Al has been great for my brain when it needs a break from reality. Thanks Al! Thank you for making me laugh even when I thought it was impossible.

Debby
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

On 2001-11-06 22:17, Justmac wrote:

As far as TNSWC, I would see nothing wrong if it were included next tour, although I doubt it. It's a great song. Now, if Santa went postal in real life, well then that song wouldn't be as funny anymore. Well, maybe it would, I don't know.
If either one were to be chosen for the next tour set list, my guess would be that of the two, TNSWC would probably be more likely. No offense or anything, but I never really liked CAGZ that much (the video is funny, though!).
Laughter is important at a time like this. We can't ignore the world situation, but at times we need to let our brains take a break form reality and laugh a little. Otherwise our brains would explode! I am so thankful for Al and his music. Al has been great for my brain when it needs a break from reality. Thanks Al! Thank you for making me laugh even when I thought it was impossible.

Debby

Great words, cuz. :smile: I agree. Al's music and videos have really helped me get through as well, and get me back to my (ab)normal self. :wink: Thank you.

C-Bob
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

I also have something to add to Justmac. When I made this forum, my girlfriend broke with me (after dating me for 4 years) :cry:

Some songs of Weird Al really helped me dealing with this. The song 'One More Minute' was my biggest help because it exactly describes how this is happened and how I feel right now.

'cause you found a brand new lover, you decided that i'm not your kind'

That's exactly what happened. I'm almost over it now. I'm working real hard on this forum which helps me with my problem.

Don't feel sorry about me. I'm currently very happy again :lol:
whatmepolka
Occasional

Post by whatmepolka »

Yeah, but I'm sure the band will make any changes in the set list needed.

I wonder if they are as worried about touring as we are worried about them? I wonder if they'll bus it more than usual.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

On 2001-11-07 19:50, whatmepolka wrote:
Yeah, but I'm sure the band will make any changes in the set list needed.

I'm sure they would too. It should be noted that after Kurt Cobain killed himself, Al continued to sing "Smells Like Nirvana" which he dedicated to Kurt before each performance.

I never really thought CAGZ was that funny, and Al has said he was "forced" to record it by his record company. He's probably got mixed feelings about that song, and the fact that it hasn't shown up in a live show yet (that I know of), tells me it probably won't be showing up anytime.

David
undone
Occasional

Post by undone »

[quote]

On 2001-12-06 23:05, Elvis wrote:

I never really thought CAGZ was that funny, and Al has said he was "forced" to record it by his record company.

I agree with you. The way he sings this song, it reminds me of Girls Just Want to Have Lunch, the *other* song he didn't want to do. There's a bit of a sneer in his voice, in my opinion.

He can bring back TNSWC, however. I love it!
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

I also agree with some of you- CAGZ never was one of my favorites (although the music is catchy and all), but I do like TNSWC. I actually didn't like it too well when I first heard it, but after hearing it on the last tour, I kinda got in to it. :smile:

And oh yeah, one crazy idea I thought of shortly after becoming an Al fan; While Christmas caroling with my 7th grade class, and in a hot chocolate-induced state, I thought it would be "cool" if Al did a Christmas polka medley. Oh, the things you think of when you're 12 years old and full of chocolate...

C-type