9/26/06 Hollywood, Ca. Virgin Megastore

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

Yeah, I was spoiler free until I went to the signing. But, it was kind of a cool way to hear and see the new stuff for the first time- it's definitely a memorable way! Knowing you're listening with the artist himself nearby... pretty cool.
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

A Clay Aiken fan who also stood in line for Al that day:
Don't underestimate Weird Al...he has a HUGE following.  I am not surprised by his growing numbers. A little OT but he had a CD signing the same day as Clay did at the same Virgin store. I waited 3 HOURS to get his CD dual disc signed for my son (he's 12) and there were still a good 300 people behind me. It was PACKED! (Imagine listening to THAT CD over the loudspeakers that long  ) Anyway, weird Al has himself some serious fans. It is the pre-adolescent boys who buy his CD's in droves. My son didn't know I was surprising him with it and he about died when I came home with the autograph and picture...what a nice man Weird Al is.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
i_love_yankovic
Obsessed

Post by i_love_yankovic »

It is the pre-adolescent boys who buy his CD's in droves.

:stern: :lol:
Very tasty!
Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

i_love_yankovic @ Apr 18 2008, 05:18 PM wrote: Anyway, weird Al has himself some serious fans. It is the pre-adolescent boys who buy his CD's in droves.
Imagine Greg's surprise when he finds out that I'm a pre-adolescent boy. :lol:

Cheers, Diva
who is 9 1/2 Celsius, or 7 in poodle years
Wharf Hamster since September 25, 2002
avesjohn
Obsessed

Re: 9/26/06 Hollywood, Ca. Virgin Megastore

Post by avesjohn »

So I finally have the pictures of my friend and I meeting Al and having our albums signed at this event on my computer, now that my family has had a little under 500 old photos (some dating back to my parents' childhoods) converted to digital. That makes me very happy.

It's always a treat to meet one's idols.