9/26/06 Hollywood, Ca. Virgin Megastore

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

It's no White & Nerdy video, but it's a start. :P
-Melissa

Mrs. Duggar, your vagina is not a clown car. Shut it down.
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

M3m3s3 @ Nov 30 2006, 09:23 PM wrote: It's no White & Nerdy video, but it's a start. :P
Hey the fans-only version isn't the real deal either. :P
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

But it's still pretty cool!
-Melissa

Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

M3m3s3 Posted on Dec 1 2006, 05:20 AM
  Between that and the picture of me at the signing on the Getty Images website I'm practically a celebrity now! 

Yeah, what ever happened with that? They really shouldn't be able to sell your photo without your knowledge or permission.

P. S. If you go to the Lynwood parade and they have cameras there, maybe you can be on that, too! That will be a real Trifecta.
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Squirrelygirl @ Dec 2 2006, 11:39 AM wrote: Yeah, what ever happened with that? They really shouldn't be able to sell your photo without your knowledge or permission.

I did a bit of research, and seems like they can sell them without permission. It was a private venue, and as far as I can tell, they only need permission from Virgin Megastores to do what the will with the photos. I don't even know if they needed to get permission from Al/Jay Levey. They probably did out of courtesy, but I don't think they would have needed to
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

Squirrelygirl @ Dec 1 2006, 04:39 PM wrote:
Yeah, what ever happened with that? They really shouldn't be able to sell your photo without your knowledge or permission.

P. S. If you go to the Lynwood parade and they have cameras there, maybe you can be on that, too! That will be a real Trifecta.
:lol: Maybe I should go just for that reason.
-Melissa

Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

I just went back and re-read this entire thread... it was a fun little trip down memory lane lol.
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

kristineslipson Posted on Dec 4 2006, 05:59 PM
  I just went back and re-read this entire thread... it was a fun little trip down memory lane lol. 

That's what we're here for. Once the tour gets started, it will be like that all the time.
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Here's a LiveJournal guy who was quite unhappy with his experience meeting Al at the SOL signing. At least he correctly assigned the blame for his disappointment to the overzealous security and not to Al himself. It's still kind of a shame, though. I hope he has another chance to meet Al sometime in less ...herded... circumstances.

I don't care how many Al fans you gathered in one place, I don't think you'd ever need the kind of security vigilance they needed for Clay Aiken that morning. I'm inclined to think that it really does make a difference that any gathering of Weird Al fans is so likely to be "salted" with people who have already met Al. In a weird kind of way, I think it keeps things a little saner, if only because the presence of people who have already met him suggests that this won't necessarily be your only chance in this lifetime, so you don't need to go all crazy-desperate. Just crazy-excited and babbling nonsense. :P
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

One thing I learned is if you want to remain spoiler free, don't go to an autograph signing where they are playing the new songs and/or videos.

(speaking only for myself, it was very distracting and I couldn't concentrate to hear all the words, only bits and pieces here and there, etc., and that's not how I personally like to hear it the first time)