I have a really good idea for Al tours!

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Ratbert197
Obsessed

I have a really good idea for Al tours!

Post by Ratbert197 »

I have seen alot of topics (including my own) asking what songs besides regulars do you want in concerts. I have an idea that Al should have one spot in his next setlist that is a random song. Meaning that song could be anything. Dog Eat Dog, Sime Creature From Outerspace, Attack of the Radioactive Hampsters From a Planet Near Mars, Velevit Elvis, etc. I think it would give a chance for some songs to become more popular and make Al songs more exciting to see what song he will do.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

That is a good idea. I wonder how it could be carried out logistically?

From what I gather, the songs are played against a background track of the instruments, vocals etc that are not portable. (for instance the "it's all about the Pentiums, baby" girl didn't travel with the band and yet her vocal parts were there...) Bermuda talked about how he has to not only keep the boys on beat but in synch with it. At least that's what I understood him to say.

I suppose they could play without it for the random song. They certainly could do that, but it leaves a lot to the live performance gremlins to interfere with. Interesting idea, tho. It would almost certainly be a favorite of those Rabid Wolverines who follow the band from venue to venue.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I think it would be cool if Al changed the style of a different song each night. Not the tune or words, but like "Smells Like Nirvana" unplugged or "Jurassic Park" on accordian.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I suppose they could play without it for the random song. They certainly could do that, but it leaves a lot to the live performance gremlins to interfere with.

Live performances should have gremlins, that's what makes them special. I love the idea of a random song -- or even two. They don't need to be production numbers, just fan favorites. Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel do this, and people just go nuts for it.

El
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Live performances should have gremlins, that's what makes them special. I love the idea of a random song -- or even two. They don't need to be production numbers, just fan favorites. Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel do this, and people just go nuts for it.

El

It is a good idea. Just about any idea that involves Al singing would get my vote. I would love to see Al and Bermuda do ARTB with just Al on accordion and Bermuda playing the accordion case. That could be worked into the rotation.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

It is a good idea. Just about any idea that involves Al singing would get my vote. I would love to see Al and Bermuda do ARTB with just Al on accordion and Bermuda playing the accordion case. That could be worked into the rotation.

that seems to be a recurring wish among fans. ive seen it once or twice on here, and fans i have talked to expressed an intrest in it. Maybe on the next tour they could do it (hint hint)

Mike