Pre-Show CDs

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Pre-Show CDs

Post by TMBJon »

I've heard talk of a CD 1 and CD 2. What are the mixes on each disc, as best you can remember them? Perhaps most importantly, what are usually the last songs to be played before Fun Zone?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Re: Pre-Show CDs

Post by algonacchick »

Yeah, I've seen Jeremy, aka Alinite27 post about a CD 1 and a Cd 2 as well, and have also been curious. Us folks who aren't rabid tour-chasers lack the knowledge of such things.

Enlighten us.

:please:

Thank you!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Jon said there were several pre show cds, he makes them up for every tour. And there are running themes to the discs, but he said one song doesnt go with the theme, so listen closely next concert
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Oh, that's kinda fun. Too bad I'm not going to any more shows, unless Al suddenly decides to come back to Michigan.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

the ones ive been hearing are from car commercials
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Yeah, there are a few different pre-show CDs. So far, I think it's mostly been CD 1 a CD 1 Alternate, and a CD 2. I've been trying to take notes for the different songs on each, but a lot are kind of hard to figure out by just merely listening, along with pre-show crowd noise and sometimes venues play the music kind of low. This is what I have so far...

CD 1

"'Technicolor" by Tim Myers
"Ice Cream and Cake" by Buckwheat Boyz -- On Alternate 1
"Chelsea Dagger" by Fratellis
"How You Like Me Now" by The Heavy
"Don't Bring Me Down" by Electric Light Orchestra

CD 2

"Two Weeks" by Grizzly Bear
"Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
"Kids In America" by Kim Wilde
"Gold Lion" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
"Lovesick" by Lindstrom feat. Christabelle
"Shake Me" by Cindarella
"Psycho" by Puddle of Mudd
"Ali In The Jungle" by The Hours
"Bang On The Drum All Day" by Todd Rundgren

The reason why I have more from CD 2 is because that was the show where I carefully took detailed notes. They usually play CD 1 without alternate tracks the most, and then it's CD 1 with alternates, then CD 2. There were a few shows in a row where they played 2 a lot, around the time of Meadowbrook in Michigan.

There's still numerous tracks on the different CDs. If anyone knows of any songs, that aren't on my lists...please feel free to post them. I'd love the help, as well, of people going to future shows. I think it'd be pretty cool if we could get complete lists up here.

And yeah, I've noticed different tracks that don't fit with the theme. It's kind of interesting when they all of a sudden come on, and catch some people off guard. However, most people really don't pay that much attention.

As for the last songs played before Fun Zone, I haven't really noticed a pattern...as the time of Fun Zone is usually different each show depending on when everything is set for that concert. As well as, starting the CDs in different places, as opening doors for the venues vary a lot by each venue. However, one I have kind of noticed is the "Technicolor" track usually points it out to me off of CD 1. I'm not sure if it's because I recognize it the most, its placement on the CD or whether they actually try to end off with it.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Almost as obsessive as the time Richard Green tried to catalog all of Al's Hawaiian shirts! :lol: :P

Dave
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

There are 3 sets of songs, each about 66min. The songs all have something in common - as with the past few tours' walk-in music - although there's one song that doesn't fit the pattern, though it certainly fits with the other songs to the extent that they all seem to go together well. I just threw it on there because I like it. :)

The songs start before the audience comes in, and sometimes there's a delay before anyone is seated. It's possible that nobody's ever heard the first song or two on these.

Bermuda
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Thanks for posting, Jon! Maybe if you guys decide to come back to Michigan, I'll get out to another show. Then I can listen to the songs and try to pick out the one that doesn't belong. Why am I thinking of Sesame Street now?

:lol:

So awesome!

Al Team #325
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Cool. Thanks for the info, Jon! Hope you guys are having a great time out there. See you in Costa Mesa...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.