Morristown New Jersey Friday, October 21st

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Morristown New Jersey Friday, October 21st

Post by Elvis »

Did you catch the cameo? And you mean were. Alas, Missing Romeo is no more. :( But they will live on forever in our hearts. :inlove:

Met up with Mike, Adrian, and Anne outside the venue. Saw Nancy, Elizabeth, and Rachael briefly outside too. We ended up in row P, and I kind of enjoyed sitting there. The lighting was really awesome and the video clips just seemed funnier from a distance. Sometimes you forget to appreciate how well choreographed the whole show is when you're always so very close, as your focused on one thing at a time (usually Al) instead of the whole big picture. We were sitting by some enthusiastic fans too, one with an E.T. hat on. Great crowd overall tonight again.

Mom had a great time. I think the highlight for her was when Al stood on the empty chair and armrest next to her and danced all over top of her. Oh my, it was so funny. I don't ever remember him being so over the top. We were literally cracking up the rest of the song. Even the folks sitting around us had to comment to her after the show was over.

A few other things, the cheerleaders were really good, they stayed in sync the whole time, one of the best if not the best I've seen. They might have been pros, or at least had some background. Steve was playing the bass so low to the ground he was practically bending over. And of course Adrian gets busted again after the song. :rolleyes: No streamers for CI. Got the Death Star guy (what's his name?), 4 biker scouts, 2 stormtroopers, and DV for TSB. Only the hermaphrodites sang along to Yoda and there was at least one Al pointed out.

Got to meet all the guys after the show. Gave Jon some newspaper and other clippings for his archives. Steve was wandering around, didn't say too much to him. Jim's new CD is finally out, though you have to order online as he doesn't have any physical copies. He hasn't even seen it himself yet. Ruben was busy chatting with some friends, I wasn't gonna bother him, but he asked me to come over to show off my tattoos to his friends. Al was fascinated with the card that mentioned him from some game my mom was playing . He took a picture of it with his phone. Then he gave me some water and I had him autograph it

Dave
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

Elvis wrote:And of course Adrian gets busted again after the song. :rolleyes:
Yeah, they get Jackie's attention, who is also taking pictures, to have her get my attention so I stop taking pictures. :lol: I seriously can't help but laugh at my luck with that at this point. This one was somewhat self-inflicted, though--I brought the wrong lens with me by accident, and the one I did have was a lot more ominous looking... so yeah.

I also appreciated the lighting more from where we were sitting, and a lot of the pictures I did get reflect that... trying to capture cool lighting moments. Will have those posted soon.

This one gets posted now, though... in commemoration of my 50th show this evening, I got to pose for a pic with two very wise people:

About 15 seconds before this was taken, I tripped on the curb and almost fell on Al. oops. :lol: He was of course cool and make sure I was OK.

Adrian
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Awesome pic Adrian! Glad Yoda could make it out for your 50th!

Have to ask y'all. What was the alternate? Coffee shop?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Elvis wrote:Steve was playing the bass so low to the ground he was practically bending over.
Ahh! I've seen him do this! So funny!
Sounds like a good show. Congrats on 50, Adrian!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Yeah. Not only is it funny, but it's pretty cool to see. Steve always amazes me with different ways that he finds to incorporate playing of the bass into the show. Seems like there's always something slightly different. Be cool to see how low he was at this show.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Alinite27 wrote:Yeah. Not only is it funny, but it's pretty cool to see.
Yeah, not only is it funny and cool to see, but it's also pretty true to Krist Noviselic's style of playing bass.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Oh yeah, definitely. What I was referencing from playing different ways, are the moments where he plays with his teeth, behind his back, etc. You also always have these slight homage's when they are parodying an artist.
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

There's a link to some photos at this website: http://morristown.patch.com/articles/we ... to-8195104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like Frank's was performed tonight.
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

Jigawatt wrote:
Elvis wrote:And of course Adrian gets busted again after the song. :rolleyes:
Yeah, they get Jackie's attention, who is also taking pictures, to have her get my attention so I stop taking pictures. :lol: I seriously can't help but laugh at my luck with that at this point. This one was somewhat self-inflicted, though--I brought the wrong lens with me by accident, and the one I did have was a lot more ominous looking... so yeah.
YEAH....I felt bad about that. Especially since before the show we joked that someone would probably climb over me to tell you to stop.

I've only breezed through pix, but they came out better than I thought they were, which is a pleasant surprise. It is nice to see things from where they are planned to be seen--middle of the crowd. The lighting is really gorgeous this time out.

And yes, it was Frank's. Different leotards on the cheerleaders (who were fabulous).

I may have photos done later today, but a lot of that is going to depend on what happens at work today <_<
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Morristown New Jersey Friday, October 21st

Post by minnick27 »

Cheerleaders. That's all I have to say. They were standing along the wall after their song. So that was nice. I had a very enthusiastic girl behind me who screamed after every song. In my ear. Very good night, after my 3.5 hour car ride for a place that was only 2 hours away. I left right after the show since I had work today, so goodnight to all my friends. I'll see you all tomorrow
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ