10/14/11 New Bedford, MA - Zeiterion Performing Arts Center

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

sternoinferno
Occasional

Re: 10/14/11 New Bedford, MA - Zeiterion Performing Arts Cen

Post by sternoinferno »

Are shows here likely sold out? Will I find an empty(ish) theater?

I am debating buying VIP packages from weirdal.com in order to get the best seats, but I don't really want to buy two at such a high price unless necessary- also, if I buy two do I get two of each from the merchandise package, or can I choose to get two tickets with one package?

Tickets don't seem to be available on Ticketmaster or the venue box office- I really wish I could find great seats (first 4 rows like the VIP package) without paying as high of a price- anyone think its likely once tickets become available elsewhere? Or should I just go with the Deluxe VIP package(s) now before its too late for the best seats?
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

I have never been to this theater and I don't plan on going to this show because it's not convenient for me. I have noticed, however, that Al has performed at this theater several times in recent years. I don't know if he sells out the theater or not, but he must do well enough if he keeps coming back to this place.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
riguitargod

Post by riguitargod »

I'll be there! This will be my first Al show since The Warwick Musical Theater in August of 1999!

New Bedford is super convenient for people (like myself) who live in RI. I had been considering the trip up to Boston, but this show was a no-brainer! 4th row seats :)
sternoinferno
Occasional

Post by sternoinferno »

I will be at this show! Section RC, Row BB!! Very excited! I went with the VIP package.. got the VIP laminates from the older package along with the contents of the new package, so that's a fun bonus. I don't think they do anything, though. Regardless, this is my 6th Al concert and I hope I finally get to meet him after, if he does a meet & greet... that would be amazing!
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

Awesome show! He played YMM, and during Craigslist the coffee shop was the Green Bean on Purchase Street. We also had 2 stormtroopers and a Darth Vader during the encore. But most importantly, I finally got to meet Al!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Keir!! Nice to hear from you! Glad you enjoyed the show and that you got to meet Al. Any pics?
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
riguitargod

Post by riguitargod »

:D
sternoinferno
Occasional

Post by sternoinferno »

Awesome show! This was my first time being so close (2nd row center) and it was a whole different and wonderful experience up so close! Al has so much energy! The concert was great- there were a couple technical difficulties.. the audio in one of the videos before WBUL got messed up, it stopped playing in the speaker in front of us and it was quieter, and then his vocals were WBUL were (or at least started out) a little quieter than usual but by the end everything seemed okay. Also the volume level seemed a bit quiet on the accordion at first during the medley but that was fixed. Again, minor issues.. everything was great! Oh and I got to meet Al finally at the end! I and other people also talked for a while with Steve and Ruben.. Steve had some of his CDs and cracked some jokes about the lock on the bus door or something. I asked him about deciding which rotating song to do (YMM or Franks) and he said Al usually decides during sound check. Ruben asked a bunch of random trivia questions to some of us, one was to name the full names of the Gilligan's Island characters... he's a pretty funny guy! Glad they hung around for so long! So after the show was great, and the show was just fantastic! My sixth concert, and they just keep getting better and better!
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Cool! Glad you all got to meet Al. Thanks for the details Keir and Sterno!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

@riguitargod Al really seems to be admiring your shirt!