10/14/11 New Bedford, MA - Zeiterion Performing Arts Center

All about Weird Al's concerts and other live appearances.

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: 10/14/11 New Bedford, MA - Zeiterion Performing Arts Cen

Post by Yankomaniac »

I didnt mind the dancers in the video, I dont like the guys in the dvd at all. I would have rather them just do it without the dancing. There should have been alot more shots of Ruben's awesome costume, Bermudas too. Shows too much of the dancers and not quite enough of Jim, Steve, Jon or Ruben.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Absolutely agree. I would definitely rather see the band more. Saying that, I do think that it was a nice special thing for the DVD. So, that something would be exclusive to it with the performance. Honestly, it bothered me more live. Just for the fact of the one pasty dude. It would have been much better if they could have gotten both dancers from the video.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Here's what I was just thinking...he gets two cheerleaders for Smells Like Nirvana, right? Why doesn't he just use them as female dancers for Perform This Way?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Alinite27 wrote:Just for the fact of the one pasty dude.
It's not Al's fault that you and he have different taste in men. So you like tall, thin guys and Al likes twinks. What's wrong with that? You're each free to be attracted to any kind of man that turns you on.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

TMBJon wrote:It's not Al's fault that you and he have different taste in men. So you like tall, thin guys and Al likes twinks. What's wrong with that? You're each free to be attracted to any kind of man that turns you on.
:clap: Ftw
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Uh...I...nevermind...lol
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

firstly- fantastic show as always from Al and the boys.

secondly- fourth row all the way on the left with my mom and two of my closest friends. One of which saw Al with me in New Hampshire last year and another who was delighted to be a first timer in our little crew that night.

One detail no one mentioned. During the "Okay YOU sing it" part of "Yoda"...
"Okay! Now just the heterosexuals!"
------------------
after the show we got to meet Steve. My friend Andy was the first to offer to pay for a free cd and gave $10 for Tangled Strings. In my ten years this has been my first time hearing solo work from one of the bandmembers and I loved it. :)
Steve signed his portrait page in my copy of Authorized Al, Andy's cd liner notes, and my friend Justin's venue program....Justin asked Steve to make it out to "Chicken Bones". Steve laughed and said "Yeah, they used to call me duck feathers" :lol:

When I had Steve sign Authorized Al, neither of us had a sharpie and a gentleman to my left offered his. In my attempt to contain my excitement I couldn't tell whether the guy was just getting his item signed first or whether he was lending it.

here's where I met Al (again).
Mom and I went up to have him sign When I Grow up. I had Al sign my liner notes this time...hours later I wish I rememebred to bring my copy of Weird Al Show signed by Patton and Emo. X*
Shook Al's hand said "excellent show as always" and Al complimented Mom and I on our Hawaiian shirts. I began to take notice how I seen far less of such garb during the past two tours compared to Poodle Hat tour.

I admitted to him "I'm a little starstruck at the moment. It's kinda like when you met Paul McCartney" and he gave a hearty chuckle.
Took a video recording of Al signing the book as mom tells him that she's a kindergarten teacher and looks forward to reading the book to her class. Al seemed very pleased to hear that.

Shook Al's hand again and said "thanks again, loved the show" and he thanked us for coming and enjoying.

Andy was so taken back by all of it he didn't know what to say.
Justin wanted to ask Al to make it out to "chicken bones" again but was so flabbergasted he could only be like "Hi Um.jdad.afl;. Hi."
Justin tells me later that "shaking his hand I felt my childhood flash before my eyes."

Mom took a photo of Al and I but I guess there was a delay in the flash and the camera shook a little. so it's red and ghostlike....I'm not sure if I should be proud or disheartened. >.>
------------------------
fans I've seen at the show
this happened at the venue
a young lady in the audience walked by as I made my way back up the ramp and said she appreciated my Invader Zim t-shirt. I had the one with a big up close short of Zim's face. I told her about the series revival campaign to bring Invader Zim back. I surmise that the Al induced haze will make her forget what it was called :P I hear that someone else at the concert had the purple Zim "Irken Army" symbol...whomever you are- you're the man. that shirt is a decade old and I outgrew my small size one. :D

outside at the bus
There was a group of guys singing Party In The CIA, and a group of Doctor Whovians discussing the 10th and 11th Doctors, and nerdery was abound.
quite a chill crowd. Glad to see so many had a fantastic time.
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

Nice story! I remember the group of kids singing Party In The CIA. They started off singing Trapped In The Drive-Thru. I thought they might actually sing it all the way through but they didn't.
riguitargod

Post by riguitargod »

I actually took a video of them singing Trapped in the Drive-Thru, but you can't really see anything on it!
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

So, who wants pictures? Not my best work this run (so far, it appears Allentown is winning that) but viewable.

http://t.co/9Ak6pDnr
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta