Mandatory Fun Videos

Moderator: Moderators

darkhornet
Occasional

Re: Mandatory Fun Videos

Post by darkhornet »

Do we know what will be the avenue for the release? I assume his twitter/facebook account will be sending out a link to the YouTube video?
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

darkhornet wrote:Do we know what will be the avenue for the release? I assume his twitter/facebook account will be sending out a link to the YouTube video?
I assume so...
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

darkhornet wrote:Do we know what will be the avenue for the release? I assume his twitter/facebook account will be sending out a link to the YouTube video?
Videos will be posted at weirdal.com each morning for the next 8 days, and their links will stay on that page so eventually all 8 links will be in one place for easy access.

Bermuda
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Thanks! If only every fandom out there had a Bermuda clarifying existential doubts!
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
symphy
Occasional

Post by symphy »

I'm guessing the eight videos will be the six originals (generally animated), Handy, and Word Crimes. I think Word Crimes is more likely to be a live action parody because (1) the video itself was the most important and well known part of the original song and (2) it would be cheap to film (just needing a white room with a topless Jack Black dancing around in the background, with #wordcrimes or #weirdal plastered over the top; maybe Weird Al Has A Big Vocabulary in balloons on the back wall.) If there's a third parody video, I'm guessing it's Tacky, which I think would bump either Sports or Lame Claim from video land. LCTF might be hard to make an animated video of since it's all celebrities, unless that one was done JibJab style.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Bermuda has already confirmed there are videos for "Tacky" and "Word Crimes." And we know there is one for "Handy." So at most, there are only 5 videos for originals.

Also, we know for certain that there will be a Lame Claim to Fame video and it will be live action mixed with animation.
symphy
Occasional

Post by symphy »

So do you think Sports Song will be the original without love? Mission Statement would be so easy to do in kinetic typography that it seems silly not to do one, everyone loves My Own Eyes too much to be denied, First World Problems seems easily animatable , and I think some people might actually cry if Jackson Park Express isn't the last parody video released. :). Sports Song would seem the likely odd man out except that it could be a cute viral vid to send to your friends on game days. (The only thing preventing it from being used more, maybe even in stadiums, is the unfortunate line admitting that the home team isn't that great either -- blasphemy!)
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I can't tell you how many videos there are for each, but it's the same # for originals and parodies. :)
symphy
Occasional

Post by symphy »

Seems like a fairly simple algebra problem there. ;). But that's awesome to hear that there are more parody videos than usual.

By the way Bermuda, I'm still using the signed drumsticks you gave me in 1994. Haven't splintered them yet, even in my metal drumming days. :)
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Well I had a well-reasoned post typed and then Bermuda dropped that bomb on us. So 4 of each (unless he's adding two more that aren't part of the 8 in 8 days thing (!)) means either "Inactive" or "Foil" is getting a video. I'd love to see either of those as I think they would both be enhanced by a visual element. As for the originals, "Sports Song" is the Funny Or Die video with the marching band, so that and Lame Claim are both in. I'm guessing JPX is out, but that's just a hunch, because it would make a great video. Of the others, I guess "Mission Statement" is the one that doesn't lend itself as well to a video, but since we know TruScribe did one of them, I really think it's that one (although, as has been suggested by others, it could be "Word Crimes.")