Fancy Parody - Song Thread

Moderator: Moderators

CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Fancy Parody - Song Thread

Post by CharlesNelson »

Noticed we had a thread for the video but not for the song itself! I know there has been plenty of speculation on this in the general speculation thread, but this can be more specific.

Here are the specific lines in "Fancy" I hope to see Al keep a certain way/anchor jokes on in his parody:

He's gotta keep "First thing's first" at the beginning.
"Hold you down" sounds like "Hoja dannnn" the way Iggy says it. If he can mimic that well, I'll give the song 10/10 based on that alone :lol:
Maybe "bringing '88 back" depending on the topic material, like if he were to make it a different year.
For some reason I really think he'll do something with "Can't shop in no department"
Hopefully he spells something where she spells "I-G-G-Y" in Verse 2, the way he did "W-H-I-M" to Lady Gaga's "Capital H-I-M" in "Perform This Way."
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
Skippy
Addicted

Re: Fancy Parody - Song Thread

Post by Skippy »

I have a feeling that for the "I-G-G-Y" parts, those will be words but still use the "i-ee-ee-i" vowel sounds. To spell something there (at least something that rhymes), he's limited to a very small group of words. Now, he could be spelling something that doesn't rhyme with "I-G-G-Y," but Al usually tries to imitate the signature parts of songs closely, and this is definitely one of those.
Last edited by Skippy on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

U-G-L-Y
She ain't got no alibi
She ugly!
Hey! Hey!
She ugly!
WesY2K
Occasional

Post by WesY2K »

I think Nerdy 2.0 could still be a possibility. Not likely but a possibility.

I'm so Nerdy
You already know
I'm in the Basement
Playin Sonic and Mario

Who dat? Who dat? N-E-R-D

There Must be some New Trompes of nerdom in the last 7 years...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Does anyone want to make this interesting? I am reading so many terrible ideas on here, and it makes me realize there is a lot of money to be made on Weird Al lead single speculation.
I will go 10:1 on pretty much any of the song titles speculated so far. If anyone wants to put money behind "Fanny" or "Fanny Pack", I would even go 100:1.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
HAAS
Occasional

Post by HAAS »

Still thinking Legos, maybe bring back zack the Lego maniac
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Why don't people realise that it doesn't even have to be a 2 syllable word? Something like "necromancy" works just as well and is just as awful an idea as most of the others I've seen people suggesting. Basically just broaden your speculation horizons and make Jon some serious money.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

It's a song about Ozzy Osborne.

Who dat? Who dat?
O-Z-Z-Y
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

I'd like the spelling section to stay in the lyrics but it doesn't have to spell whatever the title is. For instance, my favorite idea we've had so far is "Manly," which isn't 4 letters. But a lot of words out there are 4 letters................... you know, clean words.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The way the line goes in the song, a five letter word can actually easily take the place of the I-G-G-Y without sounded clunky or forced.