Inactive

Moderator: Moderators

NDBois
Occasional

Re: Inactive

Post by NDBois »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLxZ5e-KBeg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yet another "Inactive" YouTube parody. Al better watch out, he's got some SERIOUS competition on this one. :think:
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

NDBois wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLxZ5e-KBeg

SERIOUS competition
Um... That guy is serious competition for Al like a little league team is competition for the Yankees.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Wow.
HiggyG
Occasional

Post by HiggyG »

That is a HORRIBLE parody of Radioactive. Good lord.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

I guess this is an obvious point, but since I haven't seen it mentioned yet I'll do it: this is almost definitely the parody that Bermuda said was the first time they had to go to the original artist to ask how some of the percussion sounds were created. (All the other parodies are so stripped down, musically...so "duh", I know).

Also explains why/when the IM drummer would have given Bermuda a photo of himself as a kid having Al sign an autograph.
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

I was thinking about that, too, and I think you're right, especially since three out of the other four percussive parts have practically no audible components blocking them out ("Fancy", "Royals" and "Blurred Lines" contain very few musical elements aside from the percussion, so Bermuda & Co. wouldn't have to listen past a bunch of other stuff to hear those sounds). Plus, the drums in "Radioactive" seem to be layered with a ton of effects to give them a different sound than they'd make naturally, whereas the other drum parts are mostly the basic, unaltered sounds themselves.
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

I don't think Bermuda specified that it was a parody. I got the impression that it was a style parody of a band who uses complicated sounds (I'll bet everyone will be glad when I stop talking about this!). "Radioactive" doesn't seem like a particularly tough song to tackle (he also said Jim went to great lengths to match the original sounds).
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Good Enough For Now wrote:I don't think Bermuda specified that it was a parody..
Well, not exactly, but he WAS responding to a specific question/topic about recreating an original's sounds on parodies.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11078
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

That's true...hmm, if all my speculation has just been about this Imagine Dragons song, I wish I'd never registered! :(W
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

I just watched this live performance of "Radioactive." Hopefully they'll bring a giant drum on stage for Al's live performances of "Inactive" too!