Handy

Moderator: Moderators

Lauren27
Addicted

Re: Handy

Post by Lauren27 »

I just wish I could get the Yahoo video to play without buffering. Didn't have this problem with the other three videos.
Every time I use my brain I get in trouble.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

drewdy9999 wrote:That's a possibility I mentioned, but the order of artists thanked goes Pharrell, Lorde, Iggy/Charli, Robin Thicke/T.I., Imagine Dragons. I'm guessing the original parody order was Tacky, Foil, Handy, Word Crimes, Inactive, but Al changed it to be more recent.
Well, he didn't have "Handy" until the last minute. So, I doubt there was ever a point when he was considering putting "Handy" anywhere but first.

On one hand, he shouldn't have been so locked in on putting the most recent parody in the first position. "Tacky" or "Word Crimes" should have been first.

On the other hand, since there wasn't a "lead single" but he did "lead" with "Tacky" and "Word Crimes," he clearly saw those as his better parodies. And the way he released them, it didn't affect sales because those two stronger parodies are what sold the album.

On the other hand, none of this will ever matter again, since he'll be releasing songs individually from now on! :D

That's three hands! FOOOIIIIL!
Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

Post by Yankovic-Gretzky »

Handy music video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt6R9Efvios" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NDBois
Occasional

Post by NDBois »

I was hoping for more spoofs of the original video as well. I'm glad that it was live action, but I just wish that he would have taken more stabs at Iggy Azalea. Oh, well.
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

I'm glad this was a live action music video. I was hoping for Emo but alas.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Glad I'm not the only one who was a little disappointed by how cheap this video looked.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Killingsworth wrote:Glad I'm not the only one who was a little disappointed by how cheap this video looked.
Ya know, I didn't really expect Al to go all out with the videos that we knew were planned to be released, so I wasn't expecting huge amounts of shot for shot quality on any of them. But when I saw the tweeted picture of Al in costume for this video, I pretty much assumed in my head that this one was going to have the most production and effort put in to it. I mean, with SOL, we got several artist made videos, but one high-production video. Even with Alpocalypse, there were several artist videos, but it still had one big video. There's no lead single for MF, I get it, but it just seems like a missed chance for Al to make bigger impact by putting out one more video in the style he had mastered with his prior videos..Fancy was begging for someone like Al to work his satirical genius on putting a good quality twist on it.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Yankovic-Gretzky wrote:Handy music video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt6R9Efvios" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And it's blocked on copyright grounds.
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

I was really disappointed in the quality of the video of Handy. I mean, did they deliberate use as cheap as possible effects? I'm unfamiliar with the original (as well as the videoclip) so it may be that, but come on. I already questioned the quality of the video at the superman-thing and the crashing window. It was confirmed with the toilet "When your toilets overflow"-piece. That's something I would be able to create myself (and I really can't make videos) using Windows Movie Maker or iMovie or something like that. It just looks horribly cheap, imho.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

WHiZZi wrote:I was really disappointed in the quality of the video of Handy. I mean, did they deliberate use as cheap as possible effects?
Yeah it's designed to look like a cheap commercial.
Actually, after watching a few times I now think I like this video. It's the weakest of these four, but there haven't really been that many great Weird Al music videos since White & Nerdy. There is definitely a Tim & Eric influence which is a creative way to save money on a video like this. Though it still was not actually as cheap to produce it as it looks, I can guarantee that.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.