20%
July 15
27%

Total votes: 44

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: When will we hear it?

Post by Killingsworth »

I picked July 11th as I think it's the safest guess if you pre-ordered a physical copy from Amazon. I think there is more of a chance that it will be delivered to Amazon customers a few days early than there is of an online leak of the full album.

I do remember reading posts about how Alpocalypse came a few days early (around June 18, 2011) for people who pre-ordered that one from Amazon (and in my experience, they're pretty reliable with their deliveries so I don't see why it can't happen again).

I was tempted to pick July 14 but that would most likely be just one video rather than the full album.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I order from Amazon constantly, and the earliest I ever got something was the day before a release. Maybe it depends where you live.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Out of wishful thinking, I voted for the 7th since I have seen album streams for albums that come out the following week show up on the Monday as opposed to the Tuesday, and because I'm not completely convinced that things will happen around the same times as last year. That being said, if the stream is hosted through iTunes, then it will be on the Tuesday, because that's usually when they have it. Also, if it's through iTunes, I totally expect a bunch of people confused on how to get it working and not realizing that they need to upgrade to a newer version of iTunes for it to work. I have an older version of iTunes on this computer and the stream that's up for Sia's new album won't load for me.

Now if there isn't some sort of stream planned, then I expect the album to probably leak on the 18th. I'm curious as to why there are several votes for the Thursday, though.

Also, it probably means nothing, but Morrissey's album that also comes out on the 15, though 14 in the UK, has already been leaked.
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

According to this video: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQa8tsae_w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) the album has leaked. I tried to download it, then apparently you have to sign up. Then after THAT, you have to pay a $3 "trial fee". I guess no early album for me!
Last edited by Yup. on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Yeah, I'm guessing that's a fake.
And Peggy
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

YouTube "leak" videos that don't have the actual songs in the videos themselves are always phishing scams or viruses. NEVER click on those.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

A previous copy of that video popped up the very day the track list was revealed. Obvious hoax.
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Those YouTube videos have been surfacing recently, and to be honest, I don't trust anything that gives you a "how to download tutorial" because it's obvious you're not going to get what you're looking for. Now granted, as tempting as it is to see if the album has leaked, there's a high probability that it's malicious content.

While looking for a possible leak of the album (curiosity really has gotten the best of me and if it's hinted that Mandatory Fun is possibly Al's greatest work, who can resist?) I did find an entry on IsoHunt, which claims to have the album at ~320kbps, which was packaged in a .rar file at ~79 MiB, along with the released cover art of the album as well. The indication that it's a fake is not only the filesize, but the fact that it had zero seeds, and one peer.

Normally, when I look for high-quality *.mp3 albums, I avoid .rar files with small file sizes like the plague because I don't trust small .rar files that promise high-quality content.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Plus I saw a rar that listed the files inside with their sizes and it seemd very suspicious that track 3 was larger than track 2, when we know that track 3 is qute short.

Also when a leak does occur, it tends to be quite obvious if its real since it will show up in a lot more search results.

Anyways, I'm still curious as to why qute a few people here voted for Thursday more than Wednesday or Friday.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Marko_The_Odd wrote: Anyways, I'm still curious as to why qute a few people here voted for Thursday more than Wednesday or Friday.
:think: Happy Medium?
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic