30-Second Previews: Will You Listen?

Moderator: Moderators

Will you listen to 30-second samples if they show up online?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 47

Insomnia
Occasional

Re: 30-Second Previews: Will You Listen?

Post by Insomnia »

Of course I will if I haven't heard the album yet.
I hope we get some previews sometime soon now.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

With only a week left until the release date, there's no way I'm listening to 30-second previews if and/or when they show up. I can wait to hear the songs in their entirety.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Yup.
Die-hard Fan
Awards: Best Yankochick (-18) Nominee

Post by Yup. »

Considering yesterday I looked for hours for an album leak, then yes, I most certainly could deal with a 30 second preview.

I hate surprises, that's why.
Shows:
10-21-12 Rutland VT
06-02-13 Port Chester NY
10-08-13 Verona NY
07-14-15 Verona NY
07-30-15 Port Chester NY
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

I will listen to approximately half of the thirty second previews, or half of each thirty second preview; I'm thinking the first seven seconds of each and the last eight seconds of each, in that order.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

I can't remember the last time I went into a new ALbum completely blind, so if any previews (or all-out leaks) do show up, I will be ignoring them to savor MF in all its glory. Not that I won't be tempted, mind you, but I really want to go into this with everything sounding new and fresh.
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

I'll probably listen to them, yes. But if I don't, I'll definitely listen to at least "Tacky" and "Handy" just to clear things up on which one's which.
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

I want to go in blind, too. I'll probably even put off watching the July 14 video so I can hear all 12 songs new right in a row when the album drops. And if 30-second previews come out before next week, I'll boycott the MF subforum! Raaa! Image
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
ahmyeyesdotcom
Occasional

Post by ahmyeyesdotcom »

Not a chance. If I can control myself. Full leak/release or nothing!
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

CharlesNelson wrote:I want to go in blind, too. I'll probably even put off watching the July 14 video so I can hear all 12 songs new right in a row when the album drops. And if 30-second previews come out before next week, I'll boycott the MF subforum! Raaa! [ http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa437/muppetboy09/MFfinalsmilie.png ]
That is kinda the same boat I'm in. If those previews turn up on Amqzon, I am going to be real selective with what topics I view after that. Same for the video too, I'm going to watch it after hearing all 12 songs. In fact, my plan that day is to buy the album, resist opening it in the car or on the way home (30 minute drive) then pop it into my surround sound (which I know the tracks are not 5.1 capable, I just want the crisp sound my stereo has) and then probably play the entire album a couple times, and then hop online to see whatever videos are posted by then. SO excited!
jacobpacek
Regular

Post by jacobpacek »

If you guys are okay with leaks, we'll definitely have the CD on the 14th at 8am. It's only a day early, but still...because midnight in New Zealand is 8am Eastern Time, so someone in EST will leak it around 8am on the 14th. Just saying.
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08