Mandatory Fun Chit Chat Topic

Moderator: Moderators

jacobpacek
Regular

Re: Mandatory Fun Timeline/Spoiler Updates

Post by jacobpacek »

So...Emo Phillips is thanked in the CD booklet...who else hopes he's in the Handy video and he cuts his finger off?
Let me be your stripper.

Lansing MI: 7/11/07
Jackson MI: 9/23/07
Chesaning MI: 7/17/08
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

Well apparently, he did say he was going to do something special for the UHF 25th anniversary on 7/21... maybe that's the day the video will come out? It is the last day of the eight day streak...
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
just2good
Occasional

Post by just2good »

eleventhirtyfour wrote:Well apparently, he did say he was going to do something special for the UHF 25th anniversary on 7/21... maybe that's the day the video will come out? It is the last day of the eight day streak...
He's going to be at Comic Con that week... for a "rare" appearance... Hm...
fang3207

Post by fang3207 »

just2good wrote:
eleventhirtyfour wrote:Well apparently, he did say he was going to do something special for the UHF 25th anniversary on 7/21... maybe that's the day the video will come out? It is the last day of the eight day streak...
He's going to be at Comic Con that week... for a "rare" appearance... Hm...
UHF 2 confirmed.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Mandatory Fun Chit Chat Topic

Post by TMBJon »

Has anyone made any progress on memorizing lyrics? Now on the 12th listen, I'm finding myself singing along to small patches of lyrics. No full songs yet though.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

I know I had a bit of a head start, but I pretty much sing along with every word, unintentionally. Even songs that weren't favorites at first, like "Tacky" or "Jackson Park Express" (I know...), I find myself singing when out and about without music, if not while listening to the album. I get tongue-tied and mess up some of the wordier stuff, but I wasn't even trying to learn the words in the first place! I'd rather hear Al deliver them flawlessly than feel compelled to backseat mangle them, yet they're just too catchy. I've absorbed them. It was mandatory.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I've heard it about four times or so, and have most of the lyrics down. I'm still pretty rough on Jackson Park Express and I get various parts of the polka mixed up, but other than that I have it pretty well memorized.
And Peggy
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

TMBJon wrote:Has anyone made any progress on memorizing lyrics? Now on the 12th listen, I'm finding myself singing along to small patches of lyrics. No full songs yet though.
Same here. "First World Problems" is the closest but I get lost on the later verses. And I can only think of the words while I'm listening to it--I'd completely botch it if you just asked me to quote it. "My Own Eyes" is sort of the opposite--there are some lines that I know off the top of my head because they made me laugh so much, but I get so into the music that I can't even concentrate on memorizing lyrics (though they're slowly slipping into my subconscious I'm sure).

"Mission Statement" is probably going to be the most difficult. "Word Crimes" and "Jackson Park Express" are up there as well.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I've memorized "NOW That's What I Call Polka!" and "Inactive" pretty well. Those are the only songs I can say I know cold, but "Foil" is catching up with them.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

anthontherun wrote: "Mission Statement" is probably going to be the most difficult.
I forgot about that one, I still don't know it at all. :lol: