Mandatory Fun Chit Chat Topic

Moderator: Moderators

AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Re: Mandatory Fun Chit Chat Topic

Post by AlejandraDD »

Usually, after I listen while reading the lyrics a few times, I'm able to sing along. But someone in my household hogged the CD and I wasn't even able to check out the booklet yet :|

Sports Song is the easiest for me to sing along so far, for obvious reasons.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I was listening to it in the car this morning, and I realized I've started to pick up some of the lyrics. There are some songs I know better than others, such as "Foil" and "Tacky." I know bits and pieces of most of the rest of them, though I'm nowhere close to having "Mission Statement" or "Jackson Park Express" down. I guess I'll just have to keep listening obsessively until I have it down.
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

What I like about JPE (and Mission Statement, now I think about it) in terms of memorizing is that it's basically in little sections, which you can hear by the music that comes before the lyrics. I start to memorize the sections instead of the actual words, and I find the words come easier. :)
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

The polka is the only one I have completely memorized, and I'm not sure that counts...

I'm well on my way with Handy, Foil, Word Crimes and Tacky. Inactive's vocals are so muffled and that's slowed me down (I only cracked the lyrics booklet once, most of my listening time is on my commute to/from work)

Sports Song and First World Problems are getting there.

The rest are lost causes for the time being :)
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

If you listen to Top 40 at all youll have the polka in one shot
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Bermuda played on an album with the biblical parody group, Apologetix. He sent in a statement that was in their most recent e-mail:

Our older brother in parody, "Weird Al" Yankovic, released his 14th album, Manadatory Fun, Tuesday. His drummer, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, who played on our Biblical Graffiti CD in 1999 and has stayed in touch ever since, sent us a couple copies with an official note that included this interesting news:

"Mandatory Fun marks the end of Al's contract with Sony. Al doesn't intend to renew, instead preferring the advantages of being independent. Since albums and singles aren't selling like they used to, and the end of CDs as a medium looms ever closer, there's really no need for the manufacturing and distribution services that the label provides �"

"New songs will go direct to iTunes and other digital outlets as they're recorded, so they'll be more timely, and we won't have to wait until there's an album's worth of songs before any of them can be released, which has pretty much been the model in the past."

Nothing that we don't already know, but it's a new statement.
uwvark
Off The Deep End

Post by uwvark »

I haven't even opened the actual CD yet. :O

Someone wants to read the insert thingy though so it might be out of my hands at this point.

:peace:
I got 99 problems but BTD ain't one.
fang3207

Post by fang3207 »

I'm hearing stuff about the rest of the music videos leaking. Is this true or just a rumor?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

You saved $0.02 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!
Good thing I preordered! :whoot:

Dave
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

fang3207 wrote:I'm hearing stuff about the rest of the music videos leaking. Is this true or just a rumor?
Unfortunately, it is true. All videos have leaked :annoyed:
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic