Least Favorite Song

Moderator: Moderators

The Sporkman
Addicted

Re: Least Favorite Song

Post by The Sporkman »

The song definitely has this progression from fun to silly, to absurd, to creepy, to really creepy, to "I am legitimately afraid for this woman's life," to "OH MY GOD! HE IS GOING TO FLAY HER ALIVE AND WEAR HER SKIN!" When I first heard the song, I let out a huge sigh of relief when the woman was able to exit the bus unharmed and the narrator seemed to have no intention of pursuing her.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

this thread is for your least favorite song take that "Jackson park express is the best song ever" stuff somewhere else OMG.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

No, I think they're giving reasons why it's the worst song Al's ever done in the history of his entire career for all time.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Well, Well, Well wrote:this thread is for your least favorite song take that "Jackson park express is the best song ever" stuff somewhere else OMG.
Fine, I'll keep talking about how Sports Song is loud and obnoxious and repetitive and how much it feels like filler, and how the video only serves to back up my opinion
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I actually felt it would have been better if it was shorter, like the length of The Weird Al Show Theme. so I agree with you.
taste is only something if it is yours.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

Think I'm gonna have to agree with the aforementioned complaints about "Sports Song". Fun for what it is, but it seems to go on for just a little too long, and it's ultimately a one (or two) joke song that feels like filler and fits into a very specific niche - unlike its spiritual predecessor (with the much better video) "Weasel Stomping Day," marching band-style fight songs are generally only listened to by a certain type of audience, the type that I'm definitely not a part of. Probably my least favorite MF song.

Still funny, though.
SharriSCOTS

Post by SharriSCOTS »

Grom wrote:
Well, Well, Well wrote:this thread is for your least favorite song take that "Jackson park express is the best song ever" stuff somewhere else OMG.
Fine, I'll keep talking about how Sports Song is loud and obnoxious and repetitive and how much it feels like filler, and how the video only serves to back up my opinion
That's how I feel about Mission Statement. I get the joke and all, but did it really need to go on for so long?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Well, Well, Well wrote:I actually felt it would have been better if it was shorter, like the length of The Weird Al Show Theme. so I agree with you.
That much I will agree with. It'd be funnier if it ended with the "Ok, full disclosure, we're not that great, but nevertheless you suck!" (and the "YOU SUCK!"). The last verse doesn't really escalate the humor enough.
Shelley
Addicted

Post by Shelley »

I'd have to say Inactive. I really like the original, and was hoping Al would do a good treatment of it, but his version just falls flat for me - -it bores me. It's not catchy and feels lazy.
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

The Sporkman wrote:The song definitely has this progression from fun to silly, to absurd, to creepy, to really creepy, to "I am legitimately afraid for this woman's life," to "OH MY GOD! HE IS GOING TO FLAY HER ALIVE AND WEAR HER SKIN!" When I first heard the song, I let out a huge sigh of relief when the woman was able to exit the bus unharmed and the narrator seemed to have no intention of pursuing her.

Really? I never really felt this way. I mean, it was certainly absurd, but everything the narrator says implies is reciprocated by the woman in the song... well, most of it. Just not that one verse with the organs and the skin and whatnot.