Rank the 8 Videos!

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Rank the 8 Videos!

Post by TMBJon »

1. Foil :foil: - Perfect complement to the song, and an ideal Weird Al video from beginning to end. Best since White & Nerdy.
2. Tacky - Best (only) parody of the original artist/video.
3. Lame Claim To Fame - "best" music video, artistically
4. First World Problems - This is a hilarious video and probably the cheapest to produce out of all eight. More videos like this, Al!
5. Handy - This video is somehow both underrated and overrated, but definitely not rated accurately!
6. Word Crimes - Best typography video I've ever seen. Stood on its own between Tacky and Foil, which is saying a lot.
7. Mission Statement - This is a cool video but I do wish it was a little more trippy than it is.
8. Sports Song - The video is fine in that it is a live action music video, but adds little to the experience of the song.

All 8 videos were great! :clap:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Rank the 8 Videos!

Post by Killingsworth »

1. Foil
2. Lame Claim To Fame
3. First World Problems
4. Tacky
5. Word Crimes
6. Handy
7. Mission Statement
8. Sports Song
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Aedriane
Occasional

Post by Aedriane »

I think they're all pretty neat, but...

1. Foil
2. First World Problems
3. Tacky
4. Word Crimes
5. Lame Claim To Fame
6. Mission Statement
7. Sports Song
8. Handy
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

1. First World Problems - best song+video combination, some places made me laugh out loud.
2. Foil - huge improvement of the song.
3. Word Crimes - best animated video in this album; just brilliant.
4. Lame Claim To Fame - best animated video for hardcore fans, but other people wouldn't be able to recognize and fully appreciate good half of the references.
5. Tacky - nice job with one take, obviously people had lots of fun making it.
6. Handy - quite average.
7. Mission Statement - the animator did his best, but the song didn't offer much for visual jokes, so the video ends up quite forgetable.
8. Sports Song - not much to see.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

1. Foil
2. Tacky
3. First World Problems
4. Handy
5. Lame Claim to Fame
6. Word Crimes
7. Sports Song
8. Mission Statement

Going to be sad today at 11 when there is not a new music video, very happy with the videos this time around. He really heard our complaints last time about all the animated videos we weren't happy about last time around and did the best he could and did freakin awesome. :ttr:
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

1. Foil – Hilarious, dark, weird, funny. Everything I want from a Weird Al video.
2. Tacky – Simple but humorous. I loved the cameos.
3. Handy – Unlike a lot of people, I thought this was enjoyable. Al made due with what he had, and it was funny.
4. Word Crimes – Really solid typography vid. All typography videos should be like this.
5. Lame Claim to Fame – The best video from an artistic standpoint, but not as funny as the above four.
6. First World Problems – Pretty funny, although it really felt like a low budget "let's throw something together" type deal.
7. Sports Song – Alright. Didn't really add anything to the song.
8. Mission Statement – While it was cool, it wasn't really funny. I'm not a huge fan of the song, either.

Either way, these videos were a drastic improvement over last album's! We finally got 5 (count 'em, 5!) live action videos!
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

1. Foil - Definitely boosted my overall enjoyment of the song, which was initially one of my least favorites on the album.
2. First World Problems - Again, not my favorite original song out of the gate, but laugh-for-laugh one of the funniest of all the videos.
3. Word Crimes - Perfect companion to the song, which upon first listen can be a little difficult to catch everything.
4. Tacky - Well done vid. Not a ton of jokes, but the one-shot/one-take format is fun, as are the cameos.
5. Lame Claim to Fame - Great animation and energy. Helps that it's also my favorite of the originals.
6. Handy - About as cheesy as can be, but it's kind of fun.
7. Mission Statement - Very well-done and impressive...but kind of dry. Not one I would re-watch very often.
8. Sports Song - Not sure why this video needed to be made. There are hardly any jokes in it, and the ones that are there are just meh. The only video of the bunch that really didn't add anything to the enjoyment of the song.
Wolfman
Occasional

Post by Wolfman »

1. Lame Claim to Fame - Despite not being fully live action, this one shows just how well stop motion can work for a music video. This video also was packed full with more nods to the fanbase than any of his other videos.
2. Foil - Like many have noted, this video makes the song so much more enjoyable and it's the first time a video has raised our collective appreciation for a song.
3. Word Crimes - This is really the only way a video for the song would have worked. The animator worked in plenty of gags for the fans, and the style of each and every frame was just superb. I also really appreciate how the animator also made reference to the original video throughout.
4. First World Problems - Al's acting and the quick editing of this video make it really a lot of fun. Despite the low budget look, it's probably the closest this album came to a White & Nerdy level video.
5. Tacky - Great celebrity cameos and I love the one-take concept. Some classic Al style visual gags would have helped it a bit.
6. Mission Statement - It's good for what it is, and it matches the style of the song very well, but it's nothing special.
7. Handy - I was very disappointed with this video. I know the budget was small and the effects were supposed to look bad, but this really didn't work for me.
8. Sports Song - I really don't have anything good to say about this video, so I'll leave it at that.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Based on video only, not necessarily song.

1. Foil - Good use of visuals to illustrate the song. Nice use of video clips and nice twist in the middle and end of the video. On par with his other big-budget videos.
2. Lame Claim To Fame - A video made for the fans, by someone who obviously is a fan. True to the lyrics and full of references to Al's catalog and other easter eggs that make the video enjoyable to watch over and over again.
3. First World Problems - Good visuals to illustrate the song. Full of jokes from top to bottom and I like how he keeps coming back to previous scenes. I would love to see a video of the outtakes that didn't make the cut.
4. Tacky - Impressive that it was filmed with no camera cuts, but it's just a bunch of poorly dressed people dancing funny. It doesn't have much re-watch value. Needs a few more jokes going on in the background.
5. Sports Song - I like it and think it adds to the song, but it could have used a few more sports jokes.
6. Word Crimes - You can tell a lot of work went into it, but it's still at the core an animated video of lyrics. There were plenty of jokes and 27 references that saved it though.
7. Handy - The concept is fine, but the overuse of green screens is annoying. I would have liked it better if they used more real backgrounds.
8. Mission Statement - Animation like I've not seen in an Al video before. I can't deny it's very well done, but it's boring. The drawings add to it, but at the core, it's still just animated lyrics.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
MandatoryFun
Occasional

Post by MandatoryFun »

1. Foil - sublime video. The colors, the art direction, the cameos, the creepy, but wholesome vibe...absolute perfection.
2. Lame Claim To Fame - spectacular. I honestly can say that this is my favorite animated video he has ever made. So smurfin' hip, but will also be timeless I am sure.
3. Tacky - a wonderful start to his video release extravaganza. A nice twist on the original video. I'm curious if it was actually one take or if he hid some cuts in there. Either way, it comes off as one take. I disagree with Elvis - I think it has plenty of rewatch value. In fact, I've watched it more than any of the other videos.
4. First World Problems - love the home-spun vibe to it. Liam Lynch is great. Made me nostalgic too - I was always obsessed with the work he did with Tenacious D.
5. Mission Statement - I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like this video. I think it's definitely weaker than the aforementioned ones, but I still get a kick out of it. Not to reveal my massive ego, I DO think I could have made a way better video.
6. Word Crimes - Meh. Not a big typography fan, but Im not sure what else he could have done with this song.
7. Handy - If you're going to make a Tim and Eric-ish video, hire Tim and Eric to make it.
8. Sports Song - Hate hate hate hate this was so disappointing. TMBJon has always said, if they spent one hour more on the writing of it and came up with a few more jokes, it would have been so much better. Funny Or Die screwed the pooch on this one.
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha