An annual WOWAY tradition since 1961.

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

2005 (Third) WOWAY Awards Official Topic

Post by Teh Dingo »

Nomination Rules

Here are the rules for the 3rd semi-annual WOWAY Award nomination process!

1). There will be no suggested nominees (Unlike last time), unless we need nominees to fill out a category (That'll be taken care of later)

2). Only three categories will be open for accepting nominees at a time and you must be seconded.

The reason I am doing this is because 1). It keeps the nominations easier to read and 2). I can work on the most challenging parts of the awards during the nominations. As soon as one category is filled, I'll open up a new category (And to make the process go smoother, there'll always be one "tough" category open at all times) .

There's no set limit to nominees, but after 5 nominees are determined, any other nominees will have to be seconded and thirded. Before the voting, there'll be a "last call" for nominees.

3). If you nominate yourself for a category, it will have to be seconded and thirded. (As suggested by Jigawatt after the last nominations)

4). If a category goes for 5 days without at least 3 nominations, it will be dropped and replaced. There are backup categories ready if needed.

5). When nominating a member, please use their WOWAY NAME, no real names or nicknames. If nominating a topic, post the full name of the topic. And if it's a certain post you're nominating, please link to said post. Yes, you can nominate more than one person and category in a post (If that category is up at that time)

6). Nominees must have joined or already joined the forum, been active in the forum, topic must be active, post must've been made etc., between August 16th, 2004 and February 27th, 2005

Newbies nominated for best Newbie award have to have been here before Feb. 1st, 2005 or have at least 100 posts

7). Yes, previous winners are eligible to win awards they already won.

8 ). You can do all the campaigning (Or none at all) in the Chit Chat thread. But please no campaigning for a nomination or an award in this thread. Let's keep this readable, folks!

First round of categories will be posted either tonight or first thing tomorrow! Post nominees here, the chit chat topic, or PM me with your nominees.

(Remember to take all chit chat to the Chit Chatthread)
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.

Post by Teh Dingo »

Will you be nominated?

If you haven't yet, please read the rules found in the post right above this one!

(Remember when these categories are done accepting nominations, that does not mean they're locked!)

The first three categorys open and accepting niominations are:

BEST AVATAR: PHOTO

BEST AVATAR: NON PHOTO

And

MOST LIKELY TO BE IN THE CHAT ROOM

Happy nominating!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.

Post by Teh Dingo »

And I'll cast the first ceremonial nomination!

BEST AVATAR: PHOTO: orthography Enthusiast's Valentine's Day "Gas station of love" avatar!
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

I'll second Orthography Enthusiast's Valentine's Day avatar ... I thought that was great!

I'd also like to nominate (in the same category) i_love_yankovic's current avatar ... it's been up for a while, and always makes me smile when I see it!
PMFL!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I'll third the nomination of Orthography Enthusiast's Valentine's avatar!
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

spacedingo @ Mar 1 2005, 12:10 PM wrote: BEST AVATAR: NON PHOTO
Jigawatt's taco. :bigups:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Fintron
Obsessed

Post by Fintron »

Akrovak @ Mar 1 2005, 01:37 PM wrote: I'd also like to nominate (in the same category) i_love_yankovic's current avatar
I second that.
It's just like a mini mall!
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

I'll second/third (don't know which) Jigawatt's. :Y

MOST LIKELY TO BE IN THE CHAT ROOM

Mecca, and Driew_La_27 since I'm a "mod" there. :F
In hiding since 2010
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I have two nominations:

For "MOST LIKELY TO BE IN THE CHATROOM," I nominate Driew_La_27. He's always in there!

I don't know if it should go in the "BEST AVATAR: PHOTO" or "BEST AVATAR: NON-PHOTO," but I'd like to nominate Driew_La_27's entire series of Anni parody covers. Also, since those avatars were created by Bobbi, should that be a nomination for Driew or for scottidog?
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Bruce the Duck @ Mar 1 2005, 06:03 PM wrote: Also, since those avatars were created by Bobbi, should that be a nomination for Driew or for scottidog?
Well both.... I provided the picture and Bobbi made them....
In hiding since 2010