9/24/15 Stockholm, Sweden GRONA LUND

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

giant_frying_pan
Occasional

Re: 9/24/15 Stockholm, Sweden GRONA LUND

Post by giant_frying_pan »

General admission :)
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Yankomaniac wrote:Surprised though they didn't add You Make Me or something because it would be better than losing 10 minutes of performance
Yeah, I don't get this. Why not some other song (that's already in the repertoire) for standing-room shows in this slot? YMM would be good, or Skipper Dan.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Haven't looked for a Tacky performance from this but I guess he did not walk threw the audience to the stage either? I guess they opened with it and he just came from the backstage area? Someone who was there should answer that.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Yankomaniac wrote:Haven't looked for a Tacky performance from this but I guess he did not walk threw the audience to the stage either? I guess they opened with it and he just came from the backstage area? Someone who was there should answer that.
He was walking around outside, and entered I the front, right next to the stage, walked across the little fence where the audience was, then got up on stage. He does that fairly often when it is GA
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

I guess I didn't even have to fly to Sweden to see the show Al did on my birthday! :accordion:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

Just now I've watched that Stockholm show and I must say ... the crowd goes wild... NOT! :(
Florian Buechting
Occasional

Post by Florian Buechting »

Hi,
Marc wrote:Just now I've watched that Stockholm show and I must say ... the crowd goes wild... NOT! :(
I haven't seen the video, but I disagree to that.. The crowd was much better than I have ever experienced one in any of the North American shows I attended. On the other hand, you are of course right, they were comparably calm to Amsterdam for example - but you also need to see that in relation how this Gröna Lund tickets are marketed: the amusement park hosts some 40, 50 concerts each summer - one ticket for one concert is less than 15 USD - and if you buy a season ticket for ALL(!!!) concerts, it is about 40 USD... I am not sure about which acts are known in the States... But amongst the artists you get for the price of a tour shirt, there are acts like Noel Gallagher, Marilyn Manson, Billy Idol, Europe, Lenny Kravitz, The Offspring and many more...

What I want to say with that: In Amsterdam, London, Oslo, ... you had some 1,000 or 4,000 whatever people who came to that venue just because they love Weird Al and they sold out a venue - in Stockholm you have to assume that a significant part, maybe a majority of the people came there because they were curious (or in town anyway because Europe played there the next day... ;o) ), more like a festival crowd with Weird Al definitely not being the headliner...

Cheers,
Florian
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

Okay, thanks for clearing that up! I was in Brussels and everyone was singing along. But in the video (you should really see it), everyone was pretty quiet. But if most are not fans of Al, then they don't know the lyrics or things like "Yo ding-ding man. Ding-dong. Ding-dong yo!" which EVERY Al fan shouts along!
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

It was outside??? So late in autumn? That's a bit extreme :blink: