10/1/15 Brussels, Belgium ANCIENNE BELGIQUE

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

10/1/15 Brussels, Belgium ANCIENNE BELGIQUE

Post by yankochick38 »

ANCIENNE BELGIQUE
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM

http://www.abconcerts.be/en/

This is a Thursday!

STANDING ROOM SHOW
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: 10/1/15 Brussels, Belgium ANCIENNE BELGIQUE

Post by Killingsworth »

Good to see Al and TBITB get more chances to perform all over Europe this year! He really wasn't kidding about this being a WORLD tour!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Killingsworth wrote:Good to see Al and TBITB get more chances to perform all over Europe this year! H
Only in the richest countries, and it doesn't get anywhere near me :( . But at least he'll get a real foothold in Europe and maybe more countries will invite him the next year.
Florian Buechting
Occasional

Post by Florian Buechting »

mellow weasel, cant you make it to Grona Lund, Stockholm? The tickets will be very cheap - and travelling from Lithuania to Stockholm should not be too complicated...
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

Anyone going to Brussels? I first thought of going to Amsterdam, but changed my mind. Brussels is a little cheaper (no stupid one-month-subscription to the venue!), and probably an hour shorter a drive.

I just ordered my Mandatory CZAR ticket! WOOT!

I never go to any concerts, so I thought I could make this one concert extra (mandatory) fun, with a meet-and-greet! :)
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

It is a standing show. I checked the website and there are a few areas:

Great Hall: 2000 standing places
Box: 875 standing places
Flex: 430 seats + 770 standing places
Theater: 750 seats
AB Club: 280 places

The foyer where the mandatory lounge is, is not accessible from the theater. So it's not going to be in that area.
I wonder if they can fill it with 2000 people as Al isn't so famous in Europe. When I told co workers and others that I'm going to see Al, their only response was: "That's the Just Eat It guy, isn't it?"

As for meeting Al at the tour buses: I'm not familiar with this venue and have no idea where said buses would be. Also with the terror threat in Belgium, it might be off limits anyway. (And I hate waiting in the cold!)
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Marc wrote:I wonder if they can fill it with 2000 people as Al isn't so famous in Europe. When I told co workers and others that I'm going to see Al, their only response was: "That's the Just Eat It guy, isn't it?"
That's kind of weird, because "Eat it" is pre-internet song, and Europe found out about him through internet (didn't it?), and the internet is mainly used by young people who don't really care about 80s music (also at least in my country older people don't speak English), so I'd expect him to be known as "White and nerdy/Amish paradise/Saga begins guy" here. At least I first heard of him through these songs, and I only found his old stuff when I got hooked up :lol:
Aside from these songs, one person to whom I mentioned him seemed to know "Smells like Nirvana" (and tried to use it to prove that Al is a jerk :stern: )... No one ever mentioned "Eat it".
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

No, he was known at the time when MTV started in Europe. It was the time Madonna and Michael Jackson were popular and thus also Like a Surgeon, Eat It, and Fat. After that, somehow everybody forgot about Al and nowadays nobody knows he is still around ... (apart from the fans).
Of course, I'm in my 40's and so are my co workers. We all grew up with MTV, not the internet!
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Marc wrote:No, he was known at the time when MTV started in Europe. It was the time Madonna and Michael Jackson were popular and thus also Like a Surgeon, Eat It, and Fat. After that, somehow everybody forgot about Al and nowadays nobody knows he is still around ... (apart from the fans).
Of course, I'm in my 40's and so are my co workers. We all grew up with MTV, not the internet!
Oh... I didn't realize that only soviet countries didn't have MTV at that time :imstupid: . Even later only rich people with cable watched it, so it was never that popular.
giant_frying_pan
Occasional

Post by giant_frying_pan »

Marc wrote:When I told co workers and others that I'm going to see Al, their only response was: "That's the Just Eat It guy, isn't it?"
That's especially funny given that Al's Twitter bio says, "You know...the Eat It guy."!