10/1/15 Brussels, Belgium ANCIENNE BELGIQUE

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: 10/1/15 Brussels, Belgium ANCIENNE BELGIQUE

Post by mellow weasel »

Nice review!
Marc wrote:At 6:45 we were allowed into the big hall to get the 'best seats', DUH! Then at 7 the first 'ordinary' people came in, but the show would not start until 8:30!
Two hours of standing and doing nothing sounds like torture :oo ! Especially when you'll need to stand for 2 more hours of the concert. I almost feel the pain in my legs only thinking about it :o . And it doesn't make much sense to let the VIP people in earlier for better places, because there's no way they won't need to go to a toilet before the concert after such long wait. Did you manage to get to the front after you left for a drink?
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

Nice review indeed. I think the Czar experience was the same at Amsterdam, except it was packed full with people. I've heard them talk about the Czar people when I was backstage and that there was no space whatsoever to add people. Not sure if they wanted to put the Guest-passes in there as well, but I'm glad they didn't :P.
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

I don't know about the others, but I was talking about 'things' with my 2 newfound friends, so time flew by relatively quickly.

As for managing getting back in front: of course, we are all civilized weird fans!

There really were only 10 people. In the picture on the previous page, you can see 7 of them. Behind me were two others. I didn't ask if this was the least amount of people ever during this tour, but I think it was! But that's okay, moa foa us!

I recorded all except Stupid, there I just took some pictures. By the way, the camera I used was a tiny Sony DSC-TX20 on its highest recording mode. Remarkable results nevertheless!
Last edited by Marc on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyBanks74
Occasional

Post by TonyBanks74 »

Hey!
I was there too, but didn't have the czar ticket. That was a really good concert (awesome intro!), I didn't expect there would be so many people. After that, I waited (along with some other non-belgian people) for 2 hours on the outside, was able to take photos with everybody in the band (even Al, despite what the security guy said) and got my Mandatory Fun CD signed. I'm such a lucky guy!
Extended warranty? How can I lose?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I always prefer to stand, and hate having to sit down for a Weird Al concert. But 90% of shows I attend are standing only so I am used to it. I spend a whole weekend standing for a metal festival generally, then it seems weird when I attend an Al show and everybody is almost forced to sit. Great reviews homies! Jim's pics on facebook were awesome, they are just loving it there, how can you not enjoy travelling on a high class double decker through Europe for the first time, sounds like paradise to me.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

KatrinatheGood
Addicted

Post by KatrinatheGood »

Wow that bus is on point! Memory foam mattresses and the whole bit. I bet the guys have enjoyed many amazing naps on that bus.
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

For your convenience I compiled a playlist. Like I said: no Dare To Be Stupid (having seen youtube videos of that, I figured that would be the hardest to film and performance-wise there is not too much going on). But as a bonus, it starts with a few seconds in the VIP lounge :D

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... F-wdvVUeZt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tried to film a little bit of Jim, Steve, Jon and Ruben, because they do an awesome job! But not easy as they are in darker areas and my lens is not very wide. Also a bit zooming in on the instruments, if possible. Being somewhat of a musician myself, I always find it very interesting to also see chords and keys.
I've never used the highest quality setting on my camera before because the files are huge and would fill my memory card that I normally use for weeks on vacation doing silly snapshots, not concert recordings!

So enjoy, as much as I did enjoy it!
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »

At the VIP lounge

Salute for the anthem of "Weird Al"

(I should've used my flash ...)
Marc
Occasional

Post by Marc »