9/8/15 Vancouver, BC, Canada QUEEN ELIZABETH THEATRE

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

9/8/15 Vancouver, BC, Canada QUEEN ELIZABETH THEATRE

Post by yankochick38 »

QUEEN ELIZABETH THEATRE
VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA

http://vancouver.ca/parks-recreation-cu ... eatre.aspx

This is a Tuesday!

SEATED SHOW
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
HalifaxKat
Regular

Re: 9/8/15 Vancouver, BC, Canada QUEEN ELIZABETH THEATRE

Post by HalifaxKat »

I will be at this show!!!!! Any other Vancouverites (or travelers) coming to this one?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

This show is coming up soon! Anyone else going? I'll be there.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

This was my 3rd show of the Mandatory World Tour. The theatre seated around 3000 people and was close to sold out. I thought the show looked really good (a much bigger and better stage than Halifax) and that the audience seemed really appreciative.

Overheard on the way to the women's bathroom before the show: "You know you're at a Weird Al concert when there's a line-up for the MEN'S bathroom!"

During Fat, an audience member came to the front of the stage and held out a windmill for Al to take (like the one in the Fat video). After a while, when it was clear Al wasn't going to grab it, the guy tossed it on the stage and went back to his seat. It had disappeared by the next song.

During WBUL, I got the line about there not being enough "o's" in smooth! For the encore, we had an enthusiastic "just this guy" Yoda singer, 8 stormtroopers, and a Darth Vader.

My hubby (on the left) had never met Al or the band before and neither had our friend. I got a Mad magazine autographed for a young extended family member back east and her and her mother's overjoyed reactions made me more excited than if I had gotten the autograph for myself!! I saw maybe 25-30 people waiting by the busses after the show though I don't know if Al came out and signed or not.

My only regret was that I was not able to get to the venue earlier to just be able to relax and soak in the vibe. I love people-watching and the feeling of anticipation that something exciting is about to happen.

― Albert Einstein
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I remember meeting your husband in Toronto in 2011, very nice guy. That is about the same smile he had while that show went on, sometimes it felt he was thinking, what in the hell am I doing here? Oh yeah, my wife brought me here. HAHAHA
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

Yankomaniac wrote:I remember meeting your husband in Toronto in 2011, very nice guy. That is about the same smile he had while that show went on, sometimes it felt he was thinking, what in the hell am I doing here? Oh yeah, my wife brought me here. HAHAHA
Hahaha, that is so funny! I caught him smiling during a few songs (he seemed to particularly enjoy White & Nerdy and the video montages), but yeah, he was basically there for me... I guess it must be more obvious to other people than I thought! But he knew it was important to me and definitely understands and respects the talents of Al and the band... he ain't no fool!! Now that he's just been to a show, he can sit out the next few if he wants... doesn't bother me!
― Albert Einstein