Mandatory Czar Experience

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: Mandatory Czar Experience

Post by mellow weasel »

I don't think that was such a bad thing to say, unless you were shouting like crazy. In fact I think some level of dissatisfaction must be shown, because only then they might reconsider this policy the next tour.
TonyBanks74
Occasional

Post by TonyBanks74 »

mellow weasel wrote:In fact I think some level of dissatisfaction must be shown, because only then they might reconsider this policy the next tour.
In think they should.. I don't know how they even considered forcing people who had pay their ticket $260 to get just the poster signed...
Extended warranty? How can I lose?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

You see, some people don't care but if you substitute an item properly, Al understands. Might even be better not to share the fact you want something else signed and just hand it to Al and say please. Glad you got it signed even though you forgot! Which album was it and did anybody else sign it for you?
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Yankomaniac wrote:You see, some people don't care but if you substitute an item properly, Al understands. Might even be better not to share the fact you want something else signed and just hand it to Al and say please. Glad you got it signed even though you forgot! Which album was it and did anybody else sign it for you?
Thanks! :D

Mandatory Fun. I knew right now that would be unoriginal but its one of my 3 fav albums, the other two... DTBS doesn't seem like a good one to get signed, and RWS Isn't on record, I wanted a record I could put on my wall. :D
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Oh cool! A signed Mandatory vinyl would look awesome actually! And any album by Al and the guys is as good as the rest.
Last edited by Yankomaniac on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Buffy27

Post by Buffy27 »

Hello all! Is anyone else doing the Czar experience in Chicago this Saturday? If so, have you gotten the informational email yet? I have Czar tickets and still haven't heard anything about times/locations/etc...
Lauren27
Addicted

Post by Lauren27 »

I have the Czar experience for Albany on July 11th. I really only want the goodies so I'm kinda bummed we'll have to hang out for the whole thing. In my family of slow eaters there's no way we could grab our goodies, THEN go to eat & still get back in time for the show. Oh well. I shall definitely remember to bring a bag for all the goodies (there's 3 of us going). I'm undecided whether to try to get something other than the poster signed (yeah, 3 posters, hmm...) Maybe I will try something else. ;)

I just scrolled the 10 pages & I think I only saw one post about the timing of the email with the pre-show festivities info... about 1 week prior? Can others confirm this & does the email come from Ticketmaster or Al? I wanna make sure my email doesn't land in my junk folder & get missed.
Every time I use my brain I get in trouble.
Nessie
Occasional

Post by Nessie »

My email came 6 days prior to the show, and came from CID Entertainment.

I also received a survey from them the day after the show. When they asked about the Czar experience, I said that while I understand the need to limit the number of items that are signed by Al, I did not think it was fair to force everyone to have the poster be the one item he signed. The poster is nice and all, but it would not necessarily be meaningful for each person. Having been through the Czar experience, it would have been very simple to have one person at the front of the line whose job was to ask the next person in line if they wanted Al to sign the poster or a different item, and if a different item, hand that to Al. I understand a limit of one item per person, but don't see the harm if someone would rather Al autographed Mad magazine, for example, instead of the poster.

I also suggested they do a better job of making sure they had the times correct. The email I received from CID Entertainment when I purchased the tickets said the show was at 6:30. The email I received a few days before the concert said the show was at 8. However, the venue's website and the tickets said 7:30 (and that's when the show started). The VIP party emcee even announced the show started at 8, and I pointed out to him that I was pretty sure he had the time wrong. He double-checked and found out I was correct and made an announcement that the show was starting at 7:30. I have to wonder how many people may have missed the beginning of the concert had I not said something to the emcee.

As far as food at the pre-show party, ours had loaded potato skins, meatballs, chips/salsa, veggies/dip, cookies and brownies. Sodas were $3 and water was free. We were also given bags for our t-shirts and trading cards when we checked in.
arewethereyet
Occasional
Location: 70 miles east of the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota

Post by arewethereyet »

I'm going to the Prior Lake show July 3; paid for the VIP package. I haven't gotten an email, either. Anyone else out there who has gotten the information?
5/3/12 Minneapolis; 10/13/12 Milwaukee; 8/3/13 Prior Lake, MN; 8/4/13 Des Moines; 7/3/15 Prior Lake, MN; 8/18/16 Thunder Bay, Ontario; 4/3/18 Minneapolis; 6/23/19 Madison; 8/27/19 MN State Fair
rangerbob
Occasional

Post by rangerbob »

Ive done the mandatory tour CZAR experience 7 times this tour and while the man from CID runs a tight ship i was able to get the mandatory fun record album signed instead of the poster but only because i didnt ask. i just did it when my turn came. you have to be quiet about it and not make a stink. the guy has instructions from als management to run it this way so he has to go by the rules. of course dont try to sneak a 2nd thing to be signed and 9 times out of 10 you will be alright. i would assume next tour they change this and allow 1 item signed of your choice since al signs anything you hand him at the bus.

im going to 6 more shows with 5 of them mandatory czar packages so ill mention it to the guy running it for next tour as feedback im seeing what the fans want. ive had a blast and my next show is july 11 in albany followed by july 14 in upstate ny someplace else ( turning stone i think its called)

ive been hanging with dave and jackie after almost every show from las vegas thru bethlehem pa to date. im on a 3 weeks hiatus from al shows but the last 6 come in a 3 week stretch from july 11 (albany ny), 14 (turning stone upstate ny), 28 (red bank nj), 30(port chester ny), 31(the mann in philly) and my final show of the tour is august 2nd (in morristown nj which i still have an extra ticket for sale for cost from crowdsurge in row a which is 3rd row center)

anyone with questions dont hesitate to ask me since ive been a veteran on this tour lol.

AS FOR THE FOOD ITS BEEN GOOD in some places and outright sucked in others. also some places had free water and soda but most charged as much as 4.00 for a soda which for 260.00 to me is a complete ripoff. the package is great but for 260.00 at least 1 bottle of water, or non alcoholic drink should be included.