Mandatory VIP/Czar Experience (Official)

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Re: Mandatory VIP/Czar Experience (Official)

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Heds wrote: Well he never seems to understand jokes himself... ;)

Also, if this is real, can we have photos to prove it? Seems unbelievable to me...
I can't show pics because I am a minor some jackass requested it
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

YankoSwag 8888 wrote:
Heds wrote: Well he never seems to understand jokes himself... ;)

Also, if this is real, can we have photos to prove it? Seems unbelievable to me...
I can't show pics because I am a minor some jackass requested it
Alright, I can't quite understand this. You're a minor, so you didn't participate, because it was 21+. And you are claiming the pictures are explicit? This just doesn't seem like something that would be thrown by this company at the Czar party...at a freaking Weird Al concert. If this is all true, shame on them.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

Muppetboy09 wrote:
YankoSwag 8888 wrote: I can't show pics because I am a minor some jackass requested it
Alright, I can't quite understand this. You're a minor, so you didn't participate, because it was 21+. And you are claiming the pictures are explicit? This just doesn't seem like something that would be thrown by this company at the Czar party...at a freaking Weird Al concert. If this is all true, shame on them.
If it is real, I highly doubt it was even real in the first place because they didn't say there was to be a "sexy underwear contest that you can request" :rolleyes:

Also, who takes sexy underwear to a Weird Al concert? You wouldn't show it off, would you? :huh:
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Being rushed is the whole reason why, for as many times as I've met Al now ( :lookaround: ), I've never really talked to him or said anything to him because I've had so much anxiety about being told to hurry up or move along that I just hurry through it instead of enjoying it at all. I thought that maybe, maybe it would be different with the Czar meet and greet since you actually pay for this whole experience so you should be able to actually spend a little time with Al before being rushed out, rather than waiting by the bus and just being told by security to hurry up because they had no personal attachment to Al. I only did Czar once last year, and I couldn't really tell if it was rushed since I was trying to rush myself to get to the people I came with so we could drive 3 hours back to New Jersey. I've heard some people tell their story of actually being able to talk to Al for a minute at the Czar meet and greet, and others here saying it's still rushed. If the latter is the case and it is still as rushed as the bus meet and greets were, I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to say anything to Al. And that sucks. Because I paid money for this moment. As did everyone else. Everyone should be able to spend some time with Al, AND take selfies if they wish because honestly selfies turn out much better than pictures other people take.

Billy better get a beret. :foil:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Kind of disappointing to hear people reporting being rushed again. :huh:
Love and peace.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

He soared my album, got a picture, hugged him, asked a question & compemented his show In about 45 seconds. The "contest guy" was very clear about being fast.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Muppetboy09 wrote: Alright, I can't quite understand this. You're a minor, so you didn't participate, because it was 21+. And you are claiming the pictures are explicit? This just doesn't seem like something that would be thrown by this company at the Czar party...at a freaking Weird Al concert. If this is all true, shame on them.
I only heard from someone. I was making my hat at the stage. When it was done someone told me it was over & I wouldn't have been able to play cuz I'm underage.
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Alicepuppy wrote:i felt rushed at the meet and greet in Madison last night. Make sure you see your picture with Al before being hurried out. I wasn't even looking at the camera or even at Al's head level, I'm 6'3", all legs with a bad knee. The photographer said "good picture" and I took his word because they seem to be more concerned about keeping the line moving. Not a good way to end an otherwise awesome evening.
That is absolutely horrible to hear. I'm so sorry that they rushed you and your picture didn't come out well. There's no excuse for that. It would take, what, a few extra seconds for the photographer to get everyone looking ready, snap the photo, and then double-check it? I would be incredibly saddened and angry if this happened to me. Just... ugh! This makes me angry to hear something like this happening.
Muppetboy09 wrote: Alright, I can't quite understand this. You're a minor, so you didn't participate, because it was 21+. And you are claiming the pictures are explicit? This just doesn't seem like something that would be thrown by this company at the Czar party...at a freaking Weird Al concert. If this is all true, shame on them.
If this is an all-ages show (most of them that I've seen say that it is, even if you can buy booze in the VIP area or anywhere in the venue), this is absolutely unacceptable and there may even be laws being broken. If this is true, I would definitely report it to the company running the VIP stuff. Do they even know who the hell they are working for?! I'm sure Al wouldn't want stuff like this happening, either.
yankochick38 wrote:Being rushed is the whole reason why, for as many times as I've met Al now ( :lookaround: ), I've never really talked to him or said anything to him because I've had so much anxiety about being told to hurry up or move along that I just hurry through it instead of enjoying it at all. I thought that maybe, maybe it would be different with the Czar meet and greet since you actually pay for this whole experience so you should be able to actually spend a little time with Al before being rushed out, rather than waiting by the bus and just being told by security to hurry up because they had no personal attachment to Al. I only did Czar once last year, and I couldn't really tell if it was rushed since I was trying to rush myself to get to the people I came with so we could drive 3 hours back to New Jersey. I've heard some people tell their story of actually being able to talk to Al for a minute at the Czar meet and greet, and others here saying it's still rushed. If the latter is the case and it is still as rushed as the bus meet and greets were, I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to say anything to Al. And that sucks. Because I paid money for this moment. As did everyone else. Everyone should be able to spend some time with Al, AND take selfies if they wish because honestly selfies turn out much better than pictures other people take.

Billy better get a beret. :foil:
This absolutely breaks my heart to hear this. Honestly, you're one of the greatest Weird Al fans I've known and a big part of the heart of this place and the fandom, in general. :(

I completely understand how you feel (yay, anxiety!) and that's pretty much the main reason why I wrote him a letter for when I met him. Even worse, I had anxiety that he wouldn't be able to accept my letter or that security would confiscate it (in that case, I was just going to leave it in that room and if ANYONE read it, so be it because I wanted Al... or at least SOMEONE... to know how amazing Al is and how much of an impact he's had on a life). I was blown away that he accepted my letter, thanked me for it, promised to read it and said he would be happy to read it, and actually got up to put it in his pocket so he wouldn't lose it.

In the future, I really hope that you don't rush yourself or feel rushed by anyone (I know I would've been happy to wait for a friend if they had a chance to spend some time with Al). And I absolutely hope that you get to spend some time talking to Al and saying whatever you'd like to say and not feeling rushed. This needs to happen, especially with time passing and who knows how long Al will want to tour in the future. If there are any people who really deserve that, you are definitely one of them. Hell, if we ever ended up at the same meet and greet / VIP somehow, I'd be happy to say, "Here. Give my time with Al to Alicia. Don't rush her. She deserves it." I mean it.

That, or maybe we could all find a way to distract the VIP guy / security so that you can talk to Al. ;)

Hearing about this, and hearing from others that they were incredibly rushed at the meet and greet makes me feel even more selfish for my time meeting Al. There were only 2 people after me, but I don't think that had anything to do with it at the show I attended. And I absolutely didn't plan to be one of the last in hopes that I would get extra time with Al, I promise. I just don't like the feeling of being crowded (same reason why I avoid festivals and stuff like that... or why I wait for a good portion of a crowd to leave an event or even just a movie at the cinema, before I leave). That, and I was incredibly nervous. I did speak to a few fans who were really nice, though, and two of them actually were sitting next to me at the show.

I do agree about the selfies, too (funny enough, Al took a selfie on his phone with fans that were in some cool costumes, which must have made their night). I still would've had someone take my photo with the camera I brought, as it was a new, high-quality one (the photo looks amazing!), but if they didn't allow cameras, I would've been perfectly happy with a selfie on the phone. Oddly enough, the first photo was a blurry mess and he had us take another one, which came out perfectly.

Anyway, from what I saw, nobody seemed rushed, as it took a while and when I was just outside the room, I could see Al spending a good amount of time with each person. Someone even brought him a Hawaiian shirt and he was so happy about it that he immediately got up and tried it on, and thanked them so much for it.

Again, I was blown away that Al was so caring and I wasn't rushed at all when I met him. In the back of my mind, I kept screaming at myself, "Hurry up and don't be selfish!" and kept glancing over to the VIP guy and pretty much expecting him to tell me to get lost, or for the security guard at the exit to grab me and pull me towards the exit. Ultimately, even though I would've felt like crap (even crappier than I already felt for feeling so selfish and taking up a few minutes of Al's time), I decided, "This may very well be your one and only chance to meet Al and talk to him. Make the most of it." And honestly, I can't imagine it going any better! I mean, you don't expect your hero to tear up a little at your life's story and be so moved that he grabs you and hugs you and holds you for a good amount of time before he continues to patiently listen to your story and be so understanding. I'll never forget that, because it's the happiest moment of my life. It felt like several minutes, both the hug and the meeting in general.

I really hope you all get a wonderful experience the next time you meet him. And yes, Billy deserves a beret! Get it trending! #BeretForBilly
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

I only really enjoyed the museum
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

I think one thing that's been in common at all the VIP experiences is that the "snack provisions" aren't very good (whenever I see a small bag of Hot Cheetos or those crappy Walmart Bakery cookies, I think of Al now... :lol: ). At the very least, it would've been nice if they included something to drink with their snacks. I mean, it wouldn't cost much to buy a few cases of generic bottled water, at the least.

Huh. Maybe it's intentional because of the whole "dictatorship" theme.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!