9/24/2016 Radio City Music Hall

2015 - U.S.A., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand!
2016 - U.S.A. ... and more?

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Re: 9/24/2016 Radio City Music Hall

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

I hope so
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

I would think there would be a formal announcement if he planned on retiring from touring. And I certainly don't hope that he just decides to do one of those "tonight is my very last show" gut-punch surprises that some artists do. I just hope that I get to see him again (more than once, honestly). :(

Plus, he probably would still continue to make the occasional convention appearance, UHF / other project screening, and whatnot.

Anyway, back to happier things: I really hope that a certain promise gets fulfilled at this show. I really don't want to have to go into badass mode... (picks up phone)

"I know who you are. And you know what WOWAY wants. If you are looking for money, I'll give you some. Just send me a plane ticket, hotel booking, and Czar ticket to the show and I'll pay you there. Otherwise, I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a lifetime of being a Weird Al fan. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you get Billy his beret, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will make you sew a custom chicken-sized beret."
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

I don't understand the end.
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

YankoSwag 8888 wrote:I don't understand the end.
Alicia is attending the show. It's also her birthday, so anyone attending should bring her a gift. For the longest time, she's been promised a beret for her longtime concert companion, Billy the Yankochicken. I'm hoping they deliver on their promise.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

She needs to get measurements for the chicken's head.
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

I did. :lookaround: Why is this brought up again
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

minnick27 wrote:Screw it, I just got a ticket for this one, row DDD. I assume 4th row is good?

There's going to be quite the menagerie of Al fans from all over at this show, it seems!
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

yankochick38 wrote:I did. :lookaround: Why is this brought up again
Just wanted to change the topic to something more fun and positive (it was about Al possibly retiring from touring in the near future), and I remembered that hopefully we'll be seeing Billy finally get his beret.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

YankoSwag 8888 wrote:Is this going to be Al's last show forever?
No, the 2018 plan has been talked about too much. Bermuda seemed pretty excited for it when I saw him last month

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

minnick27 wrote: No, the 2018 plan has been talked about too much. Bermuda seemed pretty excited for it when I saw him last month
That's great to hear that there's excitement for those future plans! Maybe we'd even get lucky and get a new song release sometime before that tour (and if not, that's fine, too... Al and the guys deserve some much-needed rest).