Getting autographs from Al and the band

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

catladyleeann
Regular

Getting autographs from Al and the band

Post by catladyleeann »

Would someone please tell me how to get autographs from Al and the band? I've read that we could wait by his bus, but I know that after the phenomenal show and the after party with the VIP group, they would have to be exhausted.

I have a space reserved on my arm for Al to sign, and will be going to get his signature tattooed immediately afterward. I am also planning to buy a few things that his band can sign.

I'll be seeing him this Friday in Biloxi, and it's my first whole concert of his that I'll see (I'm a late bloomer ^_^ ). I worked as an usher at the show in Mobile, so I couldn't hang out with the rest of the fans.

Any tips you can give me will be greatly appreciate. :accordion:
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Annie27
Addicted

Re: Getting autographs from Al and the band

Post by Annie27 »

The only way to for sure meet Al and the band would be by getting VIP tickets. You can always wait by the bus, but it's never certain you'll get to meet them. I went to the June 24th show in Akron with my dad and we waited, but he left without signing anything because Suzanne and Nina were there. I think it's worth it to wait by the bus if you don't have VIP just in case he does. Hope this helps a bit. :)
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

VIP does NOT guarantee band access, only Al

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Thank you both for responding so quickly. Believe me, if I had the funds to do the VIP Czar ticket, I would in a heartbeat. I only just found out he was coming back to the Gulf Coast so quickly. He was here in June! If I'd known, I would have definitely put in some major overtime in order to have the full experience. I will definitely be waiting patiently by his bus after the concert. Even though I live in Mobile and the concert is in Biloxi, it will be worth every minute of the drive home and to the tattoo shop if I can get him to sign my arm. I may get absolutely no sleep, because I have to work the next day. It won't matter; I work with wildlife, and I'll be flying higher than any of our raptors ever flew!
Annie27
Addicted

Post by Annie27 »

Good luck with waiting by the bus, Lee Ann. Hope you have better luck than I did. Oh and :welcome: to the forum.
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

If you DO decide to wait by the bus, you may have a better chance of meeting the band than meeting Al.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Thanks for the welcome! But...wait...if I wait by the bus and have my arm bared and at the ready, and ;( ...and :unsure: ...Al doesn't sign it, then... :( oh, then... :(W I'll cry all the way home. I just can't think like that! Must...think...happy ( :tacky: ) thoughts!
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I waited by the busses on Friday night. After about an hour I was about to turn around and leave( my friend who was with me had to get home to her kids and my husband was tired from a long day of working. I would have waited til the busses left if it was just me). As I was about to go I see Bermuda walking with some person and I told them wait and I ran to Bermuda and asked for his autograph. I asked him if Al was coming out to meet with us non VIP people and he said no so we knew then to leave. I have previously gotten Jim and Steve's autograph years ago on two separate occasions when they played at Kings Island. I still need to get Rubens and I have Al's but I have never seen him after a show so it's still on my bucket list.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

Very exciting. I would have posted in the concert thread but no one seemed to care about his cincy stop but me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Thanks for the input, crazygurl14. That's so awesome that you got autographs from most of the guys. I'm hoping I'll get one from at least one of them. I'm like you, though, I won't mind staying by the bus til it leaves if there's a whisper of a chance that I will get to meet Al.