Thinking About My 27TH Birthday

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

SmadaNave
Occasional

Thinking About My 27TH Birthday

Post by SmadaNave »

OK, I know this is going to sound like it should belong in the Introductions topic, but hear me out.

For those of you that don't know, I was born on July 4th, 1990 (yes, I've pretty much heard all the "Fourth of July" jokes by now). I first became introduced to Al's music around 1999, when the video for "The Saga Begins" and the "Weird Al Live! `99" was on heavy rotation on VH1, and it wasn't until "It's All About The Pentiums" when I instantly became hooked! :pentiums:

Ever since then, I've gotten to know all (well, most) of Al's work, as I got selections of his back catalogue and, ever since Mandatory Fun came out, I now own all 14 of Al's ALbums... I've even bought the last three albums on their official release date (Mandatory Fun and Alpocalypse and I can't remember if I got Straight Outta Lynwood on its release date; I might've gotten it in October 2006 when it had already been out for about a month)

As my birthday approaches (and as soon as I turned 26), I couldn't help thinking about possibly wondering what a 27th birthday would be like, considering we all know as Al fans that Al took on the role (more or less; lack of phrasing) of making the number 27 synonymous with his albums, songs and videos.
I've done things that'd probably make you lose your brain
'Cause I could surely act the same... THAT'S MY DISGUISE!
Danicrzy
Regular

Re: Thinking About My 27TH Birthday

Post by Danicrzy »

Hey. I was born August 20th, 1990. I just had my 27th. :D
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Re: Thinking About My 27TH Birthday

Post by LaikaComeHome »

Cool! Happy birthday! This year is my 23rd birthday, which is a big number in the Gorillaz fandom!
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.