Is This A Lie?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Obbsesed
Occasional

Is This A Lie?

Post by Obbsesed »

My friend told me that a few weeks or something ago she watched a show that had the top 25 sexiest funny people in America. She said the Al was number one! Can anyone prove her right or wrong?

Thanks,

Me

:stupid:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I can't prove or disprove it...

But I might just agree :blush:
Obbsesed
Occasional

Post by Obbsesed »

I can't prove or disprove it...

But I might just agree :blush:

Ditto, lol. :blush:

:stupid:
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

i saw it, and yes its true. i forget who al was up against, it was just a quick thing on vh1 (i believe) during one of their shows going into commercial. i caught it by accident, i just turned the tv on and there it was.

And also a side note, al will be on vh1 tonite at midnight est on a show called mtv's 20th anniversary:laugh track. i didnt see any other listings for it, so try and catch it tonite!

Mike
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

And also a side note, al will be on vh1 tonite at midnight est on a show called mtv's 20th anniversary:laugh track. i didnt see any other listings for it, so try and catch it tonite!

I may have missed only a minute or two of this, but I don't think Al was mentioned anywhere. One would believe by watching this special that MTV had no exclusive comedic content prior to 1987. I guess the network felt that those "Al-TV's" were devoid of any merit (hence why they would eventually rerun one of them almost seven trillion times).

And I don't know about anyone else who caught it, but it just made me feel a little better about myself and my personal tastes when I see this string of b-list celebrities talking about how important Pauly Shore was to the history of comedy. Ugh.

What a duketastrophe.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

alas, al was not mentioned once. but i had read that he was goin to be on it. and it would make sense to have him on there, would it not? apparently the folks at mtv dont feel hes important enough to comedy to have on. oh well

Mike
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I may have missed only a minute or two of this, but I don't think Al was mentioned anywhere. One would believe by watching this special that MTV had no exclusive comedic content prior to 1987. I guess the network felt that those "Al-TV's" were devoid of any merit (hence why they would eventually rerun one of them almost seven trillion times).

Yes, but considering they thought PAULY SHORE was funny, perhaps it's just as well Al wasn't mentioned :P

:onfire: Come on Al!!! Where's the new album?