Weirdest (or most interesting) thing done on stage?

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

This is a little O/T, but I have never been to a concert (yet) and I have been wondering just how the costume changes go. I know that they play video clips while the guys are off stage changing. What I was wondering is, do they stay in costume just for the one song then go off stage and change for another? Or do they do - say LAS in scrubs and cone bra, then sing a few more, then go off and change again? How does it work? How long are they off stage? Inquiring minds want to know.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

The WAY Live video is the best illustration of all the costume changes. Minus a few songs in the parodies medley and the in-between video clips, that is the complete show. Things that aren't on the WAY Live video are Money for Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies where he wears a sparkley jacket and Free Delivery where he's dressed like a pizza guy. Dog Eat Dog was new to the OC Fair set and he wore a big white suit.

Most of the costumes are meant for just one song. It's kinda like theater. Al is assuming the same character he assumes in the video for the songs.

There's a Yahoo group called WAYLIVE http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WayLive/ where lots of very nice photos from the recent OC Fair shows are posted. There are also some nice new pics at weirdal.com
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

New pics at weirdal.com? On my way...

Thanks for the link to the pics at egroups... There was a rather shocking picture of Al cutting himself with a big knife. What was THAT all about?? Yikes!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

New pics at weirdal.com? On my way...

Thanks for the link to the pics at egroups... There was a rather shocking picture of Al cutting himself with a big knife. What was THAT all about?? Yikes!

Al cuts off his arm before his big accordion solo. He claims to be the only person who can play the accordion one-armed. After the show they have an ambulance and doctor waiting nearby to sew the arm back on. It usually heals in time for the show the next evening. It's tough when he does two shows a night, so sometimes he just performs the entire second show with only one arm.

Hope that helps,

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

It's tough when he does two shows a night, so sometimes he just performs the entire second show with only one arm.

<Laugh>

What a nut bucket! He has a really warped, twisted sense of humor. I love it!
justme27uhf

Post by justme27uhf »

It's tough when he does two shows a night, so sometimes he just performs the entire second show with only one arm.

<Laugh>

What a nut bucket! He has a really warped, twisted sense of humor. I love it!

Al? or Dave?

Sorry! i couldn't resist!

Patty :stupid:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Probably both :)