Rare Al items that you own!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: Rare Al items that you own!

Post by mellow weasel »

Muppetboy09 wrote:I am slowly but surely collecting shirts like the ones Al wears. I am up to 3 shirts right now, including one from the past tour, one from RWS era, and one from the BHD era.
What do you mean "like the ones Al wears"? Like random normal shirts that Al was spotted wearing? If so, you should really get one of those burgundy (I bothered to look up the name of the colour :lol: ) shirts he took to wear lately, I'm sure they look good not only on Al :D
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

mellow weasel wrote:
Muppetboy09 wrote:I am slowly but surely collecting shirts like the ones Al wears. I am up to 3 shirts right now, including one from the past tour, one from RWS era, and one from the BHD era.
What do you mean "like the ones Al wears"? Like random normal shirts that Al was spotted wearing? If so, you should really get one of those burgundy (I bothered to look up the name of the colour :lol: ) shirts he took to wear lately, I'm sure they look good not only on Al :D
No, the hawaiian shirts he wears :D
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Muppetboy09 wrote:No, the hawaiian shirts he wears :D
OK, I guess that makes more sense :imstupid:
Corey
Off The Deep End
Awards: 2015 Best Al Man (-18)

Post by Corey »

I don't own it (though I'd like to), but this seems like the right place to give a heads up that as of the time that I posted this, there is apparently a used copy of The Authorized Al going for $35 on the U.S. Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Authorized-Al-Yan ... 6369108919" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6/30/15
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

I JUST bought (a couple hours ago) the Ricky 45 and the One More Minute PROMO 45!!!!!!

I was talking to the lady that works at the record store and she said someone had come in a few days ago with about four different Weird Al 45s because their dad had just passed away and he was a fan but his son didn't like Weird Al so he just sold them to the record store. Apparently the other two were another copy of Ricky (not sure why) and Eat It. Someone had already bought those two so I got these two... so that's that.

:D
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Here is my stash of "Weird Al" hawaiian shirts. I will give some of the details of each one.

Top Row (Left to Right):
Unnamed 30th Anniversary Edition Jams World Shirt: Worn in episode 12 of the Weird Al Show, as well as Road Reports, the 2010-2013 tour, and more!
Firefish: Worn on the cover of Weird Al The Book (with the colors changed digitally) as well as his Eminem interview and more!
Unnamed Jams World Shirt: Pattern used on the cover of Bad Hair Day, as well as promo shots, TV Spots, and Disney's "There's No Going Home" special
Planet Hollywood: Worn during an AL-TV broadcast, and more!
Unnamed Jams World Shirt: Worn on episode 9 of the Weird Al Show, as well as the 2010-2013 tour
Mademoiselle: Worn during his Rifftrax appearance, BotCon 2009, as well as a photoshoot!
Koman Pool Table Shirt: Worn during his interview with Snoop Dogg and his appearance on the Donny and Marie show

Bottom Row (Left to Right):
Unnamed Jams World Shirt: Worn during a billboard photoshoot, his first appearance on Conan, and more!
Topaz: Worn during interviews with SiriusXM, Huffington Post, and more!
Unnamed Hawaiian Vintage Collection Shirt: Worn during the Poodle Hat Tour
Unnamed Shoreline Shirt: Worn during episode 6 of the Weird Al Show, as well as an appearance on Hollywood Squares and the RWS Tour
Woody Cars: Worn during episode 10 of the Weird Al Show
Jungle Birds: Worn on episode 3 of the Weird Al show, AL-TV News Segments, and more!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Wow, nice collection of shirts, MuppetBoy09! Where did you get them?
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Muppetboy09
Obsessed

Post by Muppetboy09 »

algonacchick wrote:Wow, nice collection of shirts, MuppetBoy09! Where did you get them?
All of them are from eBay and or Etsy. It is amazing how long it takes for one of these shirts to show up! Was looking for the 30th Anniversary one for about a year and a half before one finally showed up!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yeah, I have a Planet Hollywood shirt from ebay, too. I have a Jam's World shirt that's not like Al's, but it's nice, I like their stuff. I haven't looked on ebay for shirts in a long time, and I've never really shopped on Etsy. Maybe I'll try that, too. Who knows, maybe I'll find something.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Muppetboy09 wrote:All of them are from eBay and or Etsy. It is amazing how long it takes for one of these shirts to show up! Was looking for the 30th Anniversary one for about a year and a half before one finally showed up!
How do you even search for something like that? Do you just google something like "hawaiian shirt red blue blobs" and hope it shows up or are some sellers equally obsessed with Al and include the fact that he wore something like that once in the item description? :?