Rare Al items that you own!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

whatmepolka
Occasional

Post by whatmepolka »

OK, consider this Phase 2 of, "How Big A Freak..."

Berm, this one's for you too......

How many Al artifacts do you own?

Do you continue to make Al purchases?

What is your prized posession?

Most you ever spent?

Ready? ..................and......BRAKE!!
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I have over 890 unique promo & retail audio & video products from around the world!
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

How many Al artifacts do you own?

Let's see...all the studio albums...the WAY Live! DVD and video...two concert shirts...does my Hawaiian shirt count? :wink: I have some unreleased Al songs that I taped off the Dr. D show (if that applies here)...The Pokémon CD that I bought just so I could own Polkamon...I know, not a lot. Oh, and a few articles I clipped out of the paper last time Al and the guys were in Iowa (way way back in the dawn of time...last September). Oh, and about... *counts* 12 or 13 tapes of Al on TV and other stuff.

If there was more to purchase, I'd purchase more!

Probably my tapes of Al on TV, because there's no way they'd ever rerun some of it.

Most you ever spent?

Hmm...20 bucks for the WAY Live! video. (Purchased after my very first concert ever...ah, the memories.)

Smegabyte

"WHOA! Guess I better not do that again!"--the guy seated in front of us at my first concert, discovering that when you turn the fuel level up on a lighter, the flame gets really big...and singes your eyebrows.
ktmobile00
Occasional

Post by ktmobile00 »

Wow, what a question... I guess it would depend on how you define an Al artifact. Are Hawiian shirts considered Al artifacts? They don't SPECIFICALLY have anything to do with him, but I would consider them part of my Al collection.

So I am counting all stuff I connect with Al as part of my collection... So that means I have around 100 pieces of Al stuff. The most I ever spent? LOL! Well, not counting concert tickets and road trips... Probably the $90 I spent to buy a Peter and the Wolf CD on E-Bay. I am a little annoyed, because I have seen them go for a lot less... But both the CD, case and booklet are in excellent condition. *shrug*

Overall... I have probably spent... Sheesh... including concerts tickets, gas, hotels and food on road trips, AlCon tickets and memorabilia... Probably $1000 or more on Al in the last 2 1/2 years. Wow, that's a lot of money!!

Katie
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Well, I have all his CDs and the 2 DVDs and some video of things Al's been on that other fans have taped for me, but my most prized possession is the scarf Al gave me during One More Minute the first time I saw him in concert. In 2nd place would be the hand written thank you note I got from Al (and Suzanne) for sending them wedding gifts. That was a really nice gesture on his part. I don't usually get hand written thank you notes from people I actually know.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

>>How many Al artifacts do you own?<<

Um...all the tapes. I only have VHS so far. All the cds and some burned ones. Couple of recorded Al tapes. Concert pics, printed pics, all the current t-shirts, about 5 hawaiian shirts and some crafty made stuff. Oh yeah, a good amount of cassettes.

Course! ~will find all~

I dunno...

Most you ever spent?

Um...twenty something, I think for the WAY Live. I'm not sure.

-CindyBob
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I have all the cd's, including cheesy compilations and Greatest Hits Volumes I & II, an error cd from the Permanent Record collection, with the studio version of "My Bologna" on it, The WAY Live DVD asnd the tape, the Video Collection, some tapes I made of stuff he's done on TV, plus some tapes my dear friend made for me. :smile: I also have 9 Al shirts, plus a Planet Hollywood shirt just like Al's! (I love it) I also have Goldmine magazine and a promo poster all about Permenent Record that says "One Hit wonder, My A**" at the top! I had to have that!! Is that good? I know it's peanuts compared to Berm's collection, but I just started collecting last year! The most I ever spent? Probably $40.00 for my CPFOA sweatshirt. *Worth every penny* Oh, I also have a Thank You note from Al & Suzanne. I thought that was so sweet! And my autographed pic from CPFOA, that I didn't even ask for, which really floored me! Thanks so much, Al!

Patti

[ This Message was edited by: algonacchick on 2001-11-15 04:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: algonacchick on 2001-11-15 04:27 ]
whatmepolka
Occasional

Post by whatmepolka »

On 2001-11-14 21:07, bermuda wrote:
I have over 890 unique promo & retail audio & video products from around the world!

Whoa!

2 questions...............

1)Is that all Al stuff?

2) Where do you keep it all???

OK.......I think Bermuda wins.......LOL
Justmac
Occasional

Post by Justmac »

>>How many Al artifacts do you own?<<

I don't know, I've never counted them. I have all the cds, videos, UHF, several Billboard promo ads and posters (that I have nowhere to hang).

>>Do you continue to make Al purchases?<<

Well, of course. I do not have the videos on DVD yet - if anyone wants to buy me a Christmas gift.

>>What is your prized posession?<<

Well, I would say my 45 of "Eat It" that my dear pal Ali sent to me - but, unfortunately the previous owner (a boy? named Sheldon) felt that Al needed some freckles on his face, some more facial hair, tooth decay and a "Mom" tatoo on his arm. Needless to say, I was shocked, as was Ali, when we saw what Sheldon had done.

>>Most you ever spent?<<

I spent $80 to get a decent copy of UHF. Bought one copy for $40 that was not good. Spent another $40 to get a semi-decent copy. I can hardly wait for that DVD!

Debby *hates Sheldon!!*
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

On 2001-11-15 18:15, whatmepolka wrote:
Whoa!
2 questions...............
1)Is that all Al stuff?
2) Where do you keep it all???

Each of the 890+ items is either by Al, or features him in a cameo or as guest vocalist, or is a compilation with one of Al's songs or videos, or is a cover version or Karaoke rendition of one of Al's songs, or has Al expressly thanked in the liner notes. A significant portion of the collection involves the various issues of our albums, starting with Epic-released LPs, tapes & CDs, then BMG's CDs & tapes, WEA's CDs & tapes, and the current Volcano/Zomba/BMG CDs and tapes.

All the product is logged in a database, and housed in 2 large fireproof vaults (I'll need a third one soon!) I'm not as concerned about fire as an earthquake, where things can get destroyed. In those vaults, all the product is absolutely secure!

Bermuda