Rare Al items that you own!

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Rare Al items that you own

Post by Elvis »

What rare Al stuff do you have?
I own all of the albums that are available on vinyl(thanks to my dad) I own the VHS and Laserdisc versions of UHF (it took me a long time to find'em), the Ultimate star Wars Collection, (includes "Yoda" and Saga Begins" and the original EP of Another One Rides the Bus.

What is "The Ultimate Star Wars Collection" exactly? I've seen it mentioned before in other places, but could never figure out just exactly what it is, other than containing those two Al songs? Is it an actual release, or a bootleg, or what? Thanks.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

What is "The Ultimate Star Wars Collection" exactly? I've seen it mentioned before in other places, but could never figure out just exactly what it is, other than containing those two Al songs? Is it an actual release, or a bootleg, or what? Thanks.

If this is the same thing I'm thinking of, then these are three bootleg CD's that were made in Japan by Echo 3 Productions, and they sometimes pop up at sci-fi conventions or on eBay. They simply contain a boatload of Star Wars-related songs.

The first two are called "The Ultimate Star Wars Mix I" (with "Saga") and "The Ultimate Star Wars Mix II" (with "Yoda"), and the third is titled "Laughin' N Da Jammin' to Star Wars."

If anyone is dying to know, I can supply a track list to all three, but it's mostly the usual Star Wars stuff (Meco, mistitled Mark Jonathan Davis, etc.).
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Hmmm. Rare?

I have the Lasagna and Fat singles on 45's.

Headlinews and Amish Paradise singles on cassettes...

And Spy Hard and Pretty Fly for a Rabbi singles on cds!

-CindyBob

:stupid:
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Dave

I got the Ultimate star wars collection at this Star Wars convention thingy
WeirdAlFanatic27
Addicted

Post by WeirdAlFanatic27 »

I have the compleat al

~~**~~Princess Yankovic~~**~~
He became Francine back in 76' and then he joined that cult. I think his name is Mother Shibubu now.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I recently got a Polka Party LP for $6.
JKaudio
Occasional

Post by JKaudio »

Well, I don't know if this counts, but an autographed (by Al) Peter and the Wolf CD. Plus, I have an autographed pic that was sent back to me in the mail that he actually wrote, "Hi Jeremy!" then of course signed it. I know the picture itself isn't rare, but I rarely see him put a message with the person's name. Again, maybe I am just ignorant of the meaning of 'rare' here. But anyway, that's what I have...
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

The rarest Al item I own is no doubt "The Authorized Al", which I got for my birthday this year. And I just got around to reading it last night... great book! :D

Other rarities I own are the Gump single and these glasses that were distributed at movie theatres when UHF came out. The latter also being a birthday present this year. :D

And even though it wasn't BY Al, I also have Prosthetic Lips, the fan-produced Al tribute CD.

Bob

:stupid:
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

well i have the ultra rare photograph of al and me taken 2 years ago in wilmington de. there are only 2 copies known to exist in the world, which are both in my possession so thats one thing. i also have the billboard magazine ads for even worse and alapalooza hanging on my wall, though i dont know how rare they are, i sure havent seen too many. also i shall soon have my leg emblazoned with the uhf logo.

Mike
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I have an OMM scarf that I got the first time I saw Al. I had him sign it for me the first time I met him.

I have a concert photo that I took, had enlarged, and then had Al sign for me the 2nd time I met him.

I have a 4x6 photo of me and Al together (backstage at OC Fair) on July 23 that I had him sign for me on July 25 at the autograph line.

I have Al (and Bermuda) autographs (from Alcon III) on my WAY Live and Video Collection dvds.

I got a video of The Compleat Al on ebay. I'd love a copy of The Authorized Al, but I guess the PDF version will have to do for now.

El