Hangin' 27 - Al Surfing

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Mashed Potato
Off The Deep End

Post by Mashed Potato »

Believe me, They will. I was a HUGE fan a few years back.
they will tell her she looks like kitchen drapes or something.
SWIGGITY SWOOTY
savannalynn27
Regular

Post by savannalynn27 »

They will probably say that exact thing too! I have seen that show.......eh
See you cats on the flip-flop,lateeerrrr
Did you know you can shop online?!-Sami
He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life
kyky27
Off The Deep End

Post by kyky27 »

When is it on? I want to see her. The site came up as an error.
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."
M_Robertcop
Addicted

Post by M_Robertcop »

It said in the article that her episode isn't going to air until October. You've got a while.
You're gonna take a walk in the rain and you're gonna get wet... I predict.
kyky27
Off The Deep End

Post by kyky27 »

Ok. Thanks.
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Here's another blogged concert review to further assuage those of us who have been fuming just a little bit since that "Weird Al getting tired but still a genius" article.

For two and a half hours, we were subjected to his Royal Weirdness on stage performing a lot of his hits (most of them from his latest album, Straight Outta Lynwood).  During that time, this man – who is pushing 50 – exuded an energy and limberness I’ve never seen in a human being before.  Incredible! 
and
As I said before, he had all this maniacal energy not typical of a 48 year-old man.  He never wavered, never faltered.  Even when wearing layers that would have dropped a lesser performer from heat exhaustion, Mr. Alfred Matthew Yankovic brought the crazy.

And a nice report of some drummers who got to go backstage with Bermuda.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Wow, two excellent finds, Helen! I love this whole section from the first blog:

My favorite performance was when Al came out to do “The Saga Begins”.  Why?  Ask the Star Wars geek within me, as he was screeching the entire time when a small squad of Stormtroopers came out with Darth Vader leading them to center stage.  Then, the coily-coiffed one and his band came out in Jedi robes to perform the song (with the exception of keyboardist Rubén Valtierra, who was dressed as the Emperor).  At that point my inner geek fainted, and I had to slap him around to get him out of his stupor.  Geek side revived, I was able to enjoy the rest of the song.

:lol: So great! "the coily-coiffed one" I love that!

As for the blog about the drummers and Jon, how very cool! Those young kids are probably still talking about it, as well as the adults who got the royal treatment from Jon. So nice that everyone got backstage to meet Jon, Al and the rest of the band. I remember when I went to a show at Meadowbrook in 2003, my friend Scott and his now wife Sandie were there with me. Scott is a drummer, and was practically drooling over Jon's drum kit. He even went as far as to thank the sound man as we were leaving. How many people do that? I should send Scott the link to this blog. He'd be drooling all over again.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

algonacchick @ Jul 10 2008, 06:30 PM wrote: He even went as far as to thank the sound man as we were leaving. How many people do that?
Well, obviously not enough of us. Hey peeps! Don't forget to thank the sound guy at your next concert!
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I just really thought that was a nice gesture, and the thank you was well deserved. Meadowbrook is a great venue, and the sound is always great. I remember my very first show there. I was practically on the lawn, yet I could still hear all the sound effects during "Fat". I still find that quite impressive. If I remember, I will definitely do that before leaving next Friday.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Supermeat2005
Die-hard Fan

Post by Supermeat2005 »

"The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesotta" is referenced at the end of this cartoon...
I checked, and it is indeed a reference to the song...
I'm Supermeat2005, and I approve this message.

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.